Team Chemistry

There is a massive team chemistry problem. Those in charge of the program are entirely responsible for this issue. One thing about T.O was that he could get kids from Compton and kids from corn fields to play together and work together. This coaching staff has effectively promoted individuality. And at a time like this, when we need a tightly cohesive gang of players, where is that gang? Where are the bloods like Calvin Jones and Derek Brown. Where, indeed, are the crips like, well . . . I guess most of the classic Husker gangbangers were bloods but the point is, if Abdul Muhammad can play out of his mind with a bullet in his ass, then why does it seem like no one on the current team would have the courage to take a bullet for their teammate, let alone a bullet in the ass?

That's true... TO never played favorites - although for a long while, he would play mostly Jrs and Srs - because they had "paid their dues" - a philosophy he changed right around when Frazier came up.

As an aside, JoePa also had this same philosophy, which directly led to their recent bad seasons. He's since changed that, and now he plays the best player at the position, no matter their class.

TO coached fundamentals, teamwork, and discipline, which is why he was so successful. He got players to care about each other - which, obviously, is not happening now.

It seemed to me like their was good chemistry last year and maybe Taylor had a lot to do with it. It's not impossible this year to have such chemistry. I don't know if anyone knows why we don't and if anyone knows what to do about it.

TO was not a dynamic personality but commanded a lot of respect. Maybe TO was good at surrounding himself with good motivators. BC seems very businesslike which maybe doesn't work well with 20 something kids. If he doesn't surround himself with assistants who get the kids inspired that may be an issue. I'm just speculating. If I had the answers I'd take the job!!