Lord's final game

His time here, basically the last two years, he has been through hell. I really believe he wants nothing more than to get the hell out of Nebraska, literally. Back in Jersey, just his old buddies will know him and nobody will care that he played ball at NU. He probably can't wait.

I bet, unfortunently, it will take him at least 10 - 20 years to return and make appearances. I always thought he tried his best. Journal Star makes observations on his career.

http://www.journalstar.com/corn.php?story_id=107639

Eric "the red"

Yes, Jammal definitely gave it his all. When you look at all the things he had going against him, it's actually pretty amazing he held himself together like he did.

*successor to a local heisman hero - huge shoes to fill - maybe impossible to fill

*coaching and other scrutiny - wholesale coaching changes never experienced at Nebraska - new Athletic Director

*caught program on down swing of cycle - not that different of a QB from Frazier talent wise - who also happend to have one of the best O Lines in history

*No elite running back to balance things out - Frazier had several

*etc etc etc

Yet amidst all of this adversity he maintained his composure fairly well, even much better than some of the QB's in recent Husker history - including a local Heisman hero. He brought no negative press to the program, represented NU well in the community, and for the most part, took care of his business on and off the field.

And that is how I'll remember Jammal Lord. Thanks Jammal. I appreciate your hard work. Keep your head up and be proud of what you DID accomplish, and how you improved as a person during college. Because in 10 20 and 30 years, that is the only thing that will matter.

JohnnyRedShoes