I have no respect, just hate for CU

Oklahoma...undoubtedly Nebraska's biggest all time rival. We fought hard against those guys for sooo many years, and I respect them allot. now we have this lame rivalry with CU...which really isn't a rivalry. One big reason for me is that I have no respect for Colorado. They have no tradition, class, or style in their game. Their fans are trashy, their players are trashier, and their coaches are trashiest. They talk smack they can't back up, and recruit with strippers...

All in all, I just don't respect them like I respect OU. I just really hate the team so much...not in a healthy way at all. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

I'm tempted to not legitimize this slander festival with a response, but I just can't help myself here.

1. No tradition? We've been playing football longer than you. We have a National Championship. We have a Heisman Trophy. We've got a big stack of Butkus awards. We have a Big XII title. We have several Big 8 titles. Does our history of success stack up against Nebraska's? Absolutely not, but to say that CU has "no" tradition is absolutely baseless and preposterous.

2. What exactly is trashy about our players? And what in the world do you think is trashy about our coaches? Dan Hawkins is 40 times the man Bill Callahan will ever be... I really don't think you have a leg to stand on here.

3. CU was never accused of recruiting with strippers, some small fry recruiting assistant got some strippers to come to his hotel room when he was traveling on the university's dime. He was fired, and since then it has been revealed there have been greater tragedies in the history of this planet than some guy in his early 30's trying to rub one off in his hotel (and by the way, CU has been found guilty of ZERO of the charges brought against them in 2004, so you might want to do some fact checking before the next time you start slinging mud).

Props to the rest of you Husker folks, I'm well aware the rest of you are a lot healthier about this rivalry than homeboy at the top of the page here. You guys keep on keeping on... less than 48 hours now... :box

Actually, both schools have been playing since 1890. CU has ( I belive it is) 2 outright Big 8 titles and 3 more shared..,.either that or it's 3 outright and 2 shared (Scrumptious will correct me if I'm mistaken here).

And even if strippers *were* used to recruit, that would be a blight on the offending recruiter, not on the school. Plenty to respect about CU football. It's just not a huge rivalry to me.

Actually, both schools have been playing since 1890. CU has ( I belive it is) 2 outright Big 8 titles and 3 more shared..,.either that or it's 3 outright and 2 shared (Scrumptious will correct me if I'm mistaken here).

And even if strippers *were* used to recruit, that would be a blight on the offending recruiter, not on the school. Plenty to respect about CU football. It's just not a huge rivalry to me.

According to wikipedia the Buffs started playing in 1884 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Buffaloes#Football), but CU's website only has schedules/results listed back to 1890... I'm not sure which is right.

Regardless, I certainly agree with and appreciate your second point. :thumbs

According to wikipedia the Buffs started playing in 1884 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Buffaloes#Football), but CU's website only has schedules/results listed back to 1890... I'm not sure which is right.

Regardless, I certainly agree with and appreciate your second point. :thumbs

When did CU receive it's charter from the state? That could be the 1890 date, so maybe they played before that. Kind of the same situation here. Some old Nebraska newpapers from the early 1880s have references to the Nebraska-Missouri game...calling it ' an expected annual event" which would lead you to believe NU has played since at least sometime in the 1870s. Of course the school we know now didn't exist then. Hard to say. I think the NU marching band has existed since the 1870s in one form or another so that could be a clue as well..

I couldn't even find an entry on CU in Wikipedia... when I use that link you gave me I get a message that the page doesn't exist? <shrug> I guess I should have said "OFFICIALLY, both schools have played since 1890" :)