Execution

Shansen

After having some time to stew on this loss if we fellow Husker Board members really look at the whole game it boils down to execution.

First and foremost is obviously the offence. While we all look to Watson as the problem we can also lay some blame at the feet of the head coach – yep that’s right Bo himself. He is the head coach and if there is a problem on the team he needs to address it. Bo is a fantastic defensive tactician and therefore that expertise would be an excellent tool to dissect an opponent’s defense and put together a scheme to be affective. Remember folks our defense is largely players that were here when Bo got here. Bo assembled a defensive coaching staff that has developed one of the most awesome defensive teams that has ever been at Nebraska. Except for Watson, the offensive staff was chosen by Bo – with as it has been debated TO’s input. So we get to the meat of the matter.

While Watson’s play calling is all over the board to say the least the foundation is the offensive line. Is our offensive coaching staff that poor that we can not scheme a blocking attack to run and pass? For pete’s sake we have the ball first and goal on the ten yard line and at any point in the game can not come up with three to four play’s to score. Thing is if you look back at the game except for some rare occasions our offensive line looked confused and just plain did not execute. Once again we can’t seem to catch a pass and our pass routs are awful. For some reason we can’t seem to run routs to get open and if they do the catch the ball out of bounds or drop the ball. For the bowl game I have but one wish and that is for Bo and the offensive staff to sit down and say OK guy’s this is what we are gonna do.

The last point I have on execution is while yes our offense was – well offensive lets remember that our punter only kicked the ball 31 yards on at least three occasions giving Texas a short field. We had a defensive back have – and correct me if I am wrong - two pass interference penalties, one of which let Texas get to the four yard line. Lastly when we needed a kick off in the end zone – we kick it out of bounds. As we all know had our offense given any signs of life we would be going to the Fiesta bowl but it did not. Bo PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the time to be the great head coach you can be and work with the offense. I strongly believe we have enough talent to do better – we just have to hope the coaches can bring it out of the offense as they have with the defense.

CREATE AN IDENTITY ON OFFENSE!!!!