FB suspended

kramer

Yeah, it was Grant Miller I believe. It's unclear whether he failed a team drug test, an NCAA test or some other test. He claims it was in some medication he took. Anyway, he was suspended from the team for it, so I don't see the university taking any heat for it. We'll see how the media takes to hounding us though. It seems they really like to push strong programs around for the sake of selling articles and making themselves out to be the righteous enforcers in the court of public opinion.

I really do hate 90% of the media, but that's just me.

This was in 2003, not 2005 though.

One of the two current Nebraska football players listed as potential witnesses in a case involving an alleged Lincoln steroid ring was suspended from the team in 2003 for failing a drug test, his father said Wednesday.

Current fullback Grant Miller, one teammate and 11 former Huskers are included in a 132-person witness list filed in Lancaster County Court.

More at link

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1481071

There are a lot of steroids used in medicine not just PI steroids. There are inhaled steroids that are used by COPD and Asthmatics to reduce bronchial inflammation. I dont know if these drugs would cause an athlete to test positive since they are not in the growth hormone class but still classified as steroids.

I hate to see a player current or past get accused of something they did not knowingly or willfully do. It seems many people (NCAA/media) tend to lump everything together and start pointing fingers and yelling foul.

Of course, when 3 men are accused of dealing PI steroids and having contact with FB players many jump to that conclusion very easily. :bang