Slow Cooked Brisket

I had dinner for our oldest son, who turned 30 on Wednesday, and wanted something easy but good. I found this recipe and thought I'd share. Roxy, you always have such good recipes, and I've tried several!

I usually get about a 10 lb. brisket. You'll need a good sized roasting pan and heavy duty foil. Cover the bottom and sides of the pan with foil, and let the foil go over the sides so that you will be able to cover the brisket when it is time to start cooking. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees. Place the brisket fat side up into the foiled pan. Now comes the fun part!

Get 3 of your favorite beers. You'll only need one for the brisket, the other 2 are for you! You will have deserved it! Pour the bottle of beer over the brisket. This will be the marinade, along with some spices, because the slow cooking will disperse all those flavors throughout the meat. Sprinkle a finely chopped sweet onion all over the brisket. Now for the seasoning:

Mix these in a small bowl:

2 Tablespoons Kosher salt

1 Tablespoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper

1 teaspoon allspice

2 Tablespoons Onion Powder

1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder

2 Tablespoons Chili Powder

Rub this mixture all over the top, fatty side of the brisket, as well as the sides. Pull the overlapping foil onto the top of the brisket, until it is completely covered.

Now comes the hard part.....you will need to wait about 10-12 hours for the brisket to be fork-tender and ready! Enjoy!