Huskers in the UFL Draft

Not that it matters, but the Nighthawks' 3rd round pick, OT Joe Toledo, is an Omaha native.

I'm a fan of the UFL and follow it closely, and I was a bit disappointed this wasn't a college-player draft. Yes, most of the players were straight outta college anyways, but I think the draft is meant for developing prospects, not getting a bunch of veterans (which is what the Nighthawks did last year under Jagodzinski)

They took Boston College LB Mark Herzlich with their last pick, great story about his struggle with cancer, and a good player as well.

I think the thing about this draft is, even Undrafted free agents, like Kendric Burney or Kris O'Dowd, are too talented to let the NFL go for a smaller, lesser known league like the UFL. I think Pierre Allen falls into the category of '1st tier' UDFA's, which could explain why the Nighthawks passed him over for the Clemson dude they drafted in the 2nd. ame with McNeill, and the TE they drafted in the 6th. Zac Lee I think could get a free agent contract, he did tryout for them, after all.

In the end, however, this is a football franchise that just happens to be based in Omaha, Nebraska, and I think Joe Moglia is smart enough to know that making the Pro Football Nebraska Cornhuskers may make good publicity, but not a good product on the field. He'll get the players he feels are the best available.