Lazy Ouzo-Swilling, Olive-Pit Spitting Greeks…or, How Goldman Sacked Greece

Greece's economy blew apart because a bunch of olive-spitting, ouzo-guzzling, lazy-ass Greeks refuse to put in a full day's work, retire while they're still teenagers, pocket pensions fit for a pasha; and they've gone on a social-services spending spree using borrowed money. Now that the bill has come due and the Greeks have to pay with higher taxes and cuts in their big fat welfare state, they run riot, screaming in the streets, busting windows and burning banks.

I don't buy it. I don't buy it because of the document in my hand marked, "RESTRICTED DISTRIBUTION."

I'll cut to the indictment: Greece is a crime scene. The people are victims of a fraud, a scam, a hustle and a flim-flam. And cover the children's ears when I say this; a bank named Goldman Sachs is holding the smoking gun.

http://www.gregpalas...eece/#more-4977

Greece's economy blew apart because a bunch of olive-spitting, ouzo-guzzling, lazy-ass Greeks refuse to put in a full day's work, retire while they're still teenagers, pocket pensions fit for a pasha; and they've gone on a social-services spending spree using borrowed money. Now that the bill has come due and the Greeks have to pay with higher taxes and cuts in their big fat welfare state, they run riot, screaming in the streets, busting windows and burning banks.

I don't buy it. I don't buy it because of the document in my hand marked, "RESTRICTED DISTRIBUTION."

I'll cut to the indictment: Greece is a crime scene. The people are victims of a fraud, a scam, a hustle and a flim-flam. And cover the children's ears when I say this; a bank named Goldman Sachs is holding the smoking gun.

Again you have the wrong man. Goldman didn't do anything the Greek govt let them do it. You should be pointing straight toward the greek govt and the greedy people who want it all but don't want to pay for it. You have heard many times if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. The Greek people had to have known that they couldn't reitre at 50 and get 100% of their salary and all the health benefits paid for by the state. That is just not sustainable (people in the USA, are you listening?) they just chose to close their eyes and ride their country all the way to the poor house. The Greek govt should have stood up and said they had a problem way back then and it would have saved them some pain. :bad

Again you have the wrong man. Goldman didn't do anything the Greek govt let them do it. You should be pointing straight toward the greek govt and the greedy people who want it all but don't want to pay for it. You have heard many times if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. The Greek people had to have known that they couldn't reitre at 50 and get 100% of their salary and all the health benefits paid for by the state. That is just not sustainable (people in the USA, are you listening?) they just chose to close their eyes and ride their country all the way to the poor house. The Greek govt should have stood up and said they had a problem way back then and it would have saved them some pain. :bad

But...but...but...the next thing you're going to say is that the Government was wrong to coerce banks into lending money to people who couldn't afford to buy a $250,000 house on an annual salary of $40,000. We all know it was Wall Street and the banks who pressured the Government to pass the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and tricked all of those poor people into making $3,000/month house payments when they were only clearing about $3,000/month. It's human nature to want to move up the economic ladder and having a better house is an American right. And it's our responsibility to bail those poor, unfortunate homeowners out. I like to think of it as redistribution of wealth. I truly believe that is the way to fix all of this...Wait a minute...my nose is growing and I feel like flying monkeys are going to start flying out of my lower region any minute. I'll have to get back to you....

Again you have the wrong man. Goldman didn't do anything the Greek govt let them do it. You should be pointing straight toward the greek govt and the greedy people who want it all but don't want to pay for it. You have heard many times if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. The Greek people had to have known that they couldn't reitre at 50 and get 100% of their salary and all the health benefits paid for by the state. That is just not sustainable (people in the USA, are you listening?) they just chose to close their eyes and ride their country all the way to the poor house. The Greek govt should have stood up and said they had a problem way back then and it would have saved them some pain.

The problem is that the nations of the eurozone had put in neoliberal government who had built the same economically fragile house of cards that we did... without the benefit of having the world's reserve currence to back it up.

EU voters are guilty of the same sin that American voters are... not paying attention to details as long as they see things are going well for them. Not that many national economies are on the verge of collapse and threatening to take others with them, people are starting to wake up and are collectively having an "Oh sh#t" moment.

And while these economies are on the precipice... the bankers are doing better than ever. It's the poor and middle classes that will suffer for their grred and prosperity.

Again you have the wrong man. Goldman didn't do anything the Greek govt let them do it. You should be pointing straight toward the greek govt and the greedy people who want it all but don't want to pay for it. You have heard many times if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. The Greek people had to have known that they couldn't reitre at 50 and get 100% of their salary and all the health benefits paid for by the state. That is just not sustainable (people in the USA, are you listening?) they just chose to close their eyes and ride their country all the way to the poor house. The Greek govt should have stood up and said they had a problem way back then and it would have saved them some pain.

The problem is that the nations of the eurozone had put in neoliberal government who had built the same economically fragile house of cards that we did... without the benefit of having the world's reserve currence to back it up.

EU voters are guilty of the same sin that American voters are... not paying attention to details as long as they see things are going well for them. Not that many national economies are on the verge of collapse and threatening to take others with them, people are starting to wake up and are collectively having an "Oh sh#t" moment.

And while these economies are on the precipice... the bankers are doing better than ever. It's the poor and middle classes that will suffer for their grred and prosperity.

No it is the govts trying to hide their blunders and turning to the banks to hide their shame that are to blame. If someone comes to you and says I'm a little short can you cover me-are you in the wrong for giving them the money. Now they go and use it for some crack and don't have the money to pay their heat and their children are starving. It doesn't matter what interest rates they charged,they shouldn't have been the ones to give the govt the money in the first place. Are you the bad guy?!!? NO :dis