170 Economists Sign Statement In Support Of OWS

We are economists who oppose ideological cleansing in the economics profession. Equally we oppose political cleansing in the vital debate over the causes and consequences of our current economic crisis.

We support the efforts of the Occupy Wall Street movement across the country and across the globe to liberate the economy from the short-term greed of the rich and powerful “one percent”.

We oppose cynical and perverse attempts to misuse our police officers and public servants to expel advocates of the public good from our public spaces.

We extend our support to the vision of building an economy that works for the people, for the planet, and for the future, and we declare our solidarity with the Occupiers who are exercising our democratic right to demand economic and social justice.

You can see the names on the link

http://econ4.org/statement-on-ows

Stop pooping on sidewalks would go a long way to get more people on your side.

You should alert these 170 economists...no way they could have been aware of such things before signing this!! :P

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if most didn't know, the way statements like this get put together. Just go around and find all the like minded people who you know will sign and ask them to sign up if they are paying attention to it or not.

Stop pooping on sidewalks would go a long way to get more people on your side.

You should alert these 170 economists...no way they could have been aware of such things before signing this!! :P

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if most didn't know, the way statements like this get put together. Just go around and find all the like minded people who you know will sign and ask them to sign up if they are paying attention to it or not.

I don't think these things happen in the same way as espn.com polls. :)

That's kind of a sad list when you look at it, only 170. I hope they are not done finding economists who agree with the statement. I would have thought they would have started a list like that with 1700 not 170. Should be easy enough to do.

It's a lot more impressive than the list of economists that are against OWS.

That's kind of a sad list when you look at it, only 170. I hope they are not done finding economists who agree with the statement. I would have thought they would have started a list like that with 1700 not 170. Should be easy enough to do.

Where is that at?? I'm surprised anyone would be. It seems you either support them or don't care.

Where is that at??

Exactly

Where is that at??

Exactly

So that's supposed to make it more impressive???? LOL!

Next, I will come up with a list of scientist who recommend using two squares of toilet paper instead of 10 and it will be more impressive then the list of who think 10 is better. What?

How about let's just think this through (I know that is a lot to ask). If money and resources were unlimited, then we would all be happy and well off (at least a lot of us). They are not. The top 1% are accumulating wealth (percentage wise) must faster than the rest of the 99% of us. Since money and resources are limited, we are engaged in a type of zero-sum game. The increase in wealth of the top 1% comes at the expense of the other 99%. It doesn't require much thought to realize this is headed. Be sure and save your tin cans, may be the 1% will drop in a few coins.

How about let's just think this through (I know that is a lot to ask). If money and resources were unlimited, then we would all be happy and well off (at least a lot of us). They are not. The top 1% are accumulating wealth (percentage wise) must faster than the rest of the 99% of us. Since money and resources are limited, we are engaged in a type of zero-sum game. The increase in wealth of the top 1% comes at the expense of the other 99%. It doesn't require much thought to realize this is headed. Be sure and save your tin cans, may be the 1% will drop in a few coins.

AND...big money/biz has so much influence in our govt that they were/are able to see to it that laws are written and enforced/nonenforced to create this greatly increasing divide.