LJS & OWH: Coaches reflect on 1st year in B1G

Nexus

LJS:

The locker room hollering had died down. Now it was ice packs on shoulders and, given the outcome of the game, reflection.

The grind — and it was that — was over.

"I'm going to plop my butt down on the couch and get some relaxation tonight," Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said after Friday's 20-7 win against Iowa.

Continue Reading

OWH:

LINCOLN — Lesson one from year one in the Big Ten: Invest in more ice packs.

Nebraska survived its rookie hazing, but the bumps and bruises may take a while to heal. Say what you want about the Big Ten's lack of speed and creativity. It's no place for the weak.

After a 20-7 win over Iowa, Husker coaches reflected on what they learned. During interviews, one word came up over and over.

Continue Reading

If Nebraska would have joined the in the late 90's I don't think we would have even noticed the transition but lets face it, the Big 12 turned us into a less physical team while trying to keep up with the track meet that the it has become. It will be interesting to watch recruiting the next couple of years and to see how much bigger we get. As much as we all love Lavonte, we will probably never go after a LB that small again. TE's and backs will probably get bigger as well. Team depth will be more important as well and getting that depth on the field, something I think we needed more of this year.

Honestly, I have no problem with 20-7 football. To me that is what football is all about, time of possession and controlling the game. I'd take that any day over 66-42 games. If I want that, I will watch the NBA.