Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama

HSKR

Michael Moore is a sensationalist propaganda machine.

Yep. I'd put him in the same category as Limbaugh/Beck. He just happens to be on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Bad categorization...

Limbaugh/Beck whore for the powerful and their work vaguely resembles reality, if at all.

I'm not against capitalism either. I just like my documentaries to well . . . document things. (Like Ken Burns for example. I could watch his stuff all day.)

Moore's work is better categorized as "mock-umentaries", which bring attention to the plight of the powerless by introducing deliberate bias for emphasis.

While falling short of "documentary", they are entertaining and leave the "average American" smarter that they were before seeing the film.

Smarter? I'd say they would end up misinformed, not smarter.

Yep. I'd put him in the same category as Limbaugh/Beck. He just happens to be on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Bad categorization...

Limbaugh/Beck whore for the powerful and their work vaguely resembles reality, if at all.

They are doing the same thing: masquerading as purveyors of facts when they are actually providing only entertainment.

I'm not against capitalism either. I just like my documentaries to well . . . document things. (Like Ken Burns for example. I could watch his stuff all day.)

Moore's work is better categorized as "mock-umentaries", which bring attention to the plight of the powerless by introducing deliberate bias for emphasis.

While falling short of "documentary", they are entertaining and leave the "average American" smarter that they were before seeing the film.

Smarter? I'd say they would end up misinformed, not smarter.

The average American is pretty much uninformed about the intelligence failures of 9/11, the detailes of health care reform and financial regulations.

I will stick with my assertion that most will have learned more fact than misinformation from the films.

We disagree... no biggie.

Bad categorization...

They are doing the same thing: masquerading as purveyors of facts when they are actually providing only entertainment.

Not all biased reporting is equally inaccurate, and Limbaugh/Beck are some of the loosest with facts out there.

And it takes alot more guts (Moore has plenty of gut) to champion the powerless against the status quo than to whore misinformation for the banks, insurance companies and war industries.

Bad categorization...

Not all biased reporting is equally inaccurate, and Limbaugh/Beck are some of the loosest with facts out there.

And it takes alot more guts (Moore has plenty of gut) to champion the powerless against the status quo than to whore misinformation for the banks, insurance companies and war industries.

Moore has plenty of gut is about the only thing correct there. He lauded the Cuban health care system. If you look at the hospitals it would make you sick. I wouldn't go to the bathroom in one of those toilets. He rails against the rich yet he won't pay any more taxes will he. No one is stopping him from putting moremoney in the kitty. He uses his so called followers for the money they dole out for his jokeumentaries. The only champion he has ever been is the chicken wing eating champion of Beverly hills. :nutz

[Moore] lauded the Cuban health care system.

For a poor country, they do very well with the limited resources they do have.

This a self fullfilling prophesy!! Yeah they are poor,you know why, BECAUSE THEY ARE COMMUNISTS!! The type of govt you and your friends want in this country. Everyone who wants a one payer system, cradle to grave entitlements just look across the sea. Look what happened to the USSR and other communist nations they are or were all poor or bankrupt!!

I can't imagine what Cuba would be like if it was a free nation using capitalist principles all these years. I know one thing they wouldn't be worse off that is for sure. :bad

This a self fullfilling prophesy!! Yeah they are poor,you know why, BECAUSE THEY ARE COMMUNISTS!! The type of govt you and your friends want in this country. Everyone who wants a one payer system, cradle to grave entitlements just look across the sea. Look what happened to the USSR and other communist nations they are or were all poor or bankrupt!!

I can't imagine what Cuba would be like if it was a free nation using capitalist principles all these years. I know one thing they wouldn't be worse off that is for sure.

Sorry Johnny, but the level of discussion you bring to the table is generally not worth my time to respond to it.

I can't imagine what Cuba would be like if it was a free nation using capitalist principles all these years. I know one thing they wouldn't be worse off that is for sure.

Sorry Johnny, but the level of discussion you bring to the table is generally not worth my time to respond to it.

Because you are not intelligent enough to respond and don't have an answer Subby!! :wasted

Because you are not intelligent enough to respond and don't have an answer Subby!! And by the way just so you know you do have the time because you just responded so you really don't kow what you are talking about. Have a great day!! :wasted

I can't imagine what Cuba would be like if it was a free nation using capitalist principles all these years. I know one thing they wouldn't be worse off that is for sure. :bad

Wasn't Cuba poor before they were a communist country?

I would guess that the percentage of people in the US who want communism is way below 1%. I hope that sometime in the future those on the right learn that communism is not a synonym for "things I don't agree with."

Also just for kicks: Communism is different than Marxism is different than fascism is different than Nazis. Etc. Etc.

The US has been at cold war with Cuba since the 60s, and the main weapon has been economic... through mandated boycotts and artificial price manipulation.

Yet the Cuban health care system is still not far behind our own.

The US has been at cold war with Cuba since the 60s, and the main weapon has been economic... through mandated boycotts and artificial price manipulation.

Yet the Cuban health care system is still not far behind our own.

My comment wasn't really directed towards their health care system. I was just noting that Cuba was poor both before and after communism.

This a self fullfilling prophesy!! Yeah they are poor,you know why, BECAUSE THEY ARE COMMUNISTS!! The type of govt you and your friends want in this country. Everyone who wants a one payer system, cradle to grave entitlements just look across the sea. Look what happened to the USSR and other communist nations they are or were all poor or bankrupt!! I can't imagine what Cuba would be like if it was a free nation using capitalist principles all these years. I know one thing they wouldn't be worse off that is for sure. :bad
Wasn't Cuba poor before they were a communist country? I would guess that the percentage of people in the US who want communism is way below 1%. I hope that sometime in the future those on the right learn that communism is not a synonym for "things I don't agree with." Also just for kicks: Communism is different than Marxism is different than fascism is different than Nazis. Etc. Etc.

Cuba from 1933-1958 had a middle class almost comparable to the US. But many were angry about the corruption in the govt. and the unemployment rate. The US was also not allowing free markets in the sugar industry and alligned with Batista to only sell so much sugar. The govt was also paying certain friends and military friends nicely. So it was not true capitalism but more like croney capitalism. In 1958, Cuba was a relatively well-advanced country by Latin American standards, and in some cases by world standards.[

So Cuba was not poor before the revolution. As for the market manipulation by the US that may have some merit but we have seen other communist countries and we know the history of economics with those countries, it doesn't work. :wasted