Woman gets compliments and hates life...

I think they kinda ruined the video by including all of the people who were only saying "hi" or "how are you doing?"

But if the stereotype about NYC is true and people really are unfriendly then maybe the hellos were really abnormal. I dunno. I get that "treatment" in my neighborhood walking to the mailbox in my sweatpants and hoodie without having combed my hair and it's not 'cause I'm smoking hot and would look great in a burlap sack. It's 'cause people are friendly. There are also some cultures where men are more polite to women. So maybe they wouldn't say hi to a man but it might not be for the reason this video is suggesting.

How about we talk about and educate women on how NOT to flaunt everything in public. Geezus this society is filled with spoiled little girls that want to do whatever they want and shouldn't have to have anything negative come from it.

You don't like attention from weirdos? Stop hanging half your body out of your clothes. Sure you look good. Fine. Other women are jealous of you. Great. Men want to have you. Okay. Where are all the modest women who want to be known by men AND women as something more than a hot body? All women eventually lose their physical beauty anyway. Make it easier on yourself and get over yourself because you'll have to when you get older.

I think they kinda ruined the video by including all of the people who were only saying "hi" or "how are you doing?"

But if the stereotype about NYC is true and people really are unfriendly then maybe the hellos were really abnormal. I dunno. I get that "treatment" in my neighborhood walking to the mailbox in my sweatpants and hoodie without having combed my hair and it's not 'cause I'm smoking hot and would look great in a burlap sack. It's 'cause people are friendly. There are also some cultures where men are more polite to women. So maybe they wouldn't say hi to a man but it might not be for the reason this video is suggesting.

This is a great point Moiraine. I am naturally polite to people I meet but I've learned to be careful around women (and even men) to not be too friendly. Of course this is midwest hospitality compared to NYC...

If it gets people talking and makes a couple dudebros actually think with their brains for 5 seconds instead of their dicks, it's successful.

This right here is what has caused our media in this country to become so out of whack that you can't trust any of it to really tell you what is going on.

They all have the attitude of the ends justify the means. They have a point they want to make. If they stretch the truth in this direction or mis lead in that direction, as long as they get the point across they want to make it's all worth it.

^^ :lol:, GSG

How about we talk about and educate women on how NOT to flaunt everything in public. Geezus this society is filled with spoiled little girls that want to do whatever they want and shouldn't have to have anything negative come from it.

You don't like attention from weirdos? Stop hanging half your body out of your clothes. Sure you look good. Fine. Other women are jealous of you. Great. Men want to have you. Okay. Where are all the modest women who want to be known by men AND women as something more than a hot body? All women eventually lose their physical beauty anyway. Make it easier on yourself and get over yourself because you'll have to when you get older.

That would be victim blaming, although some people and some places do have this mindset. It's inaccurate to suggest that only women who "flaunt everything" are receiving this treatment, as well as to suggest that those that do deserve what they get.

I'm interested in knowing if any of the men here have ever had a job where they worked with a fairly large group of women where they were the minority.

Until a few years ago I was the only male in an office with over 20 women. I worked in that environment for about five years. At no time was there anything untoward said, my coworkers were (and are) professionals, and I was never exposed to anything that I did not expect in my line of work.

I'm not sure what women and football have to do with sexual harassment so I will focus on this.

I'm interested in knowing what the average age was of the women you worked with. Mine was probably an average of 25-28. Also, it was in health care so all of us were working with "body parts" every day all day long. Women who do that tend to not be shy about anything.

Yes, when I did my clinicals in the hospitals (a few diff ones in Nebraska and Iowa) some of the conversations the girls had were no holds barred. I also noticed the older women that worked with them (45+) felt uncomfortable talking about that stuff. The younger girls were dirty as hell.

I'm really clueless when it comes to street smarts...Does this stuff really happen?

Although when I really think about it, I guess I must have believed this steriotype enough to have no desire to go to a large city on the east coast, ever.

I don't walk around downtown Phoenix very often, if ever, but I can't imagine women having this problem here, and they dress much nicer (provocative to IraFreak) than this "actress" was...I'm guessing if she wore a Burka, she'd get some of the same catcalls.

And how did these gise not see the camera person walking a few feet ahead? (Were they taming it down or up for the camera?)

And how did these gise not see the camera person walking a few feet ahead? (Were they taming it down or up for the camera?)

I had that thought too. Maybe it was hidden somehow? But it seems like it would've been shaking more if it was attached to a backpack or something.

Yeah..I kept replaying the opening few moments...It looks like they're trying to portray her uncovering a hidden lense in a bag or something..but clearly, the lack of shakes makes me think the actual camera used probably had some sort of counterweight which would be nearly impossible to hide

This might piss some folks off, but whats new...

Quite a bit of this has to do with the geographic location of females in question. I'm going to guess that 9 out of every 10 women in the NYC metropolitan area, are complete and utter f'ing train wrecks. They've got this idea that their lives have to mirror "sex in the city" and that unless you're some successful urbanite, you've got no shot no matter how politely you introduce yourself. Either that or they've been headfucked by some guido douchebag, that has turned them into a megabitch.

About 15 years ago, stumbled across a displaced Husker fan in NYC. He broke it down like this, unless you're making 6 figures, dressed to the nines, drive a BMC, Merc or better, or are a fireman or a cop, you've got no shot. Where in the midwest, you can use deoderant as cologne and you've got a shot at getting a number.

That's why, if you manage to run into a young lady that doesn't have her head all gassed up on some bullsh#t, be nice, treat her right, and hopefully things will work out...