Woman gets compliments and hates life...

This might piss some folks off, but whats new...

Quite a bit of this has to do with the geographic location of females in question. I'm going to guess that 9 out of every 10 women in the NYC metropolitan area, are complete and utter f'ing train wrecks. They've got this idea that their lives have to mirror "sex in the city" and that unless you're some successful urbanite, you've got no shot no matter how politely you introduce yourself. Either that or they've been headfucked by some guido douchebag, that has turned them into a megabitch.

About 15 years ago, stumbled across a displaced Husker fan in NYC. He broke it down like this, unless you're making 6 figures, dressed to the nines, drive a BMC, Merc or better, or are a fireman or a cop, you've got no shot. Where in the midwest, you can use deoderant as cologne and you've got a shot at getting a number.

That's why, if you manage to run into a young lady that doesn't have her head all gassed up on some bullsh#t, be nice, treat her right, and hopefully things will work out...

I love this! I am gonna make a new thread cause of this post...

New York Times: Should Black And Hispanic Men Be Banned From Chatting Up White Feminist Women?

The Daily Caller www.yahoo.com 11 hours ago
By now, you’ve probably seen the viral video in which the frumpy woman with the “Flashdance” hair walks around the streets of New York City getting catcalled.
<snip>
Now, The New York Times wants to know if a law should shield white feminist women by preventing black and Hispanic men from speaking to them, and possibly offending their tender sensibilities.

Another law. Ha ha! Yeah, that's just what we need. (Of course the NYT is being sarcastic in asking this. I hope.)

New York Times: Should Black And Hispanic Men Be Banned From Chatting Up White Feminist Women?

By now, you’ve probably seen the viral video in which the frumpy woman with the “Flashdance” hair walks around the streets of New York City getting catcalled.
<snip>
Now, The New York Times wants to know if a law should shield white feminist women by preventing black and Hispanic men from speaking to them, and possibly offending their tender sensibilities.

Another law. Ha ha! Yeah, that's just what we need. (Of course the NYT is being sarcastic in asking this. I hope.)

Here's the article itself. That's a pretty slanderous characterization of it.

The proposal is a law that prohibits street harassment and allowing those who do it to be cited for a misdemeanor or sued. I don't know if that's a good solution or not, but it's clearly nothing like what 'The Daily Caller' suggests.

Thanks! I searched for the NYT original (for a minute or so) but didn't come up with it.

Turns out it *isn't* a sarcastic proposal by the NYT for a new law. The author is serious. Me, I am skeptical. Are catcalls really hate speech? (They'd need to be considered hate speech, I think, to pass a law limiting our 1st Amendment right to free speech.)

Hm, I'm not sure about the hate speech angle. However, street harassment - whichisn't the same as "chatting up" but definitely isn't limited to catcalling - seems like the kind of thing that could merit a citation.

Surely there's some existing recourse for people subjected to it, right? Maybe not.

I'm really clueless when it comes to street smarts...Does this stuff really happen?

Although when I really think about it, I guess I must have believed this steriotype enough to have no desire to go to a large city on the east coast, ever.

I don't walk around downtown Phoenix very often, if ever, but I can't imagine women having this problem here, and they dress much nicer (provocative to IraFreak) than this "actress" was...I'm guessing if she wore a Burka, she'd get some of the same catcalls.

And how did these gise not see the camera person walking a few feet ahead? (Were they taming it down or up for the camera?)

I wonder this as well. NYC is kinda known for being aggressive, in the same vein as Milan, Rome, Rio, or Barcelona. If they took the same girl and had her walk, say Denver, LA, or Chicago I wonder what the response would be.

Good points, Hingle. I've heard about the harassment that at least historically has occurred in Italy as well. This movement seems to be centered around NYC, and while I suppose I wouldn't really know, cities like Boston and LA do not seem to be the same environment at all (to their credit!)

<snip>

Here's the article itself. That's a pretty slanderous characterization of it.

The proposal is a law that prohibits street harassment and allowing those who do it to be cited for a misdemeanor or sued. I don't know if that's a good solution or not, but it's clearly nothing like what 'The Daily Caller' suggests.

Thanks! I searched for the NYT original (for a minute or so) but didn't come up with it.

Turns out it *isn't* a sarcastic proposal by the NYT for a new law. The author is serious. Me, I am skeptical. Are catcalls really hate speech? (They'd need to be considered hate speech, I think, to pass a law limiting our 1st Amendment right to free speech.)

It is so over the top at this point that it is looking like there may be no going back. But hey; 1984 was only 30 years off!

• Fire 1