Game Analysis from "Professor Aaron Semm" Oct 19 on D&B

This is really great stuff IA State Husker. Thank you for sharing. I always appreciate this sort of insight into the offense and defensive schemes and playcallng. I especially like his mentioning of the run play call sequences using the same action.

"I'll really go bonkers pretty soon if we --- D.B., what would you do if we ran "midline teeth" off of that?"

I think he's saying..."...if we see the wall option off of ???? action, D.B., what would you do if we ran the midline keep off of that."

• Fire 1

Damon Benning (on Fullback Plays):

Pretty appreciative to be able to run both dive AND trap. I know a lot of times they look the same to fans, but you look at either the ability to "pen and pull" or to "base" --- that's pretty tough on a front seven.

Absolutely. Especially in this day and age, where people are wanting to get upfield so much, and create havoc, you trap a defensive tackle a couple of times and gash him. And Janovich has shown that he can break a tackle, or make a guy miss, and turn those into chunk plays.

I'll really go bonkers pretty soon if we --- D.B., what would you do if we ran "midline teeth" off of that?

I think he would score......the 3-technique can't win.... I think if they could incorporate those little wrinkles...

Midline Keep. As in QB keep.

From Twitter:

IF NU was so inclined, they could compliment this with the midline QB keep. Frost, Crouch and Lord made lots of hay on that play. #justsayin

Thanks! I'll fix it.