Rational vs. Irrational

dcscout

Long time reader, but I believe first time poster (I believe).

I have been and currently am a head coach and a teacher (and have worked in this field for over a decade).  I've inherited programs in good and bad shape and everything in between.  I don't pretend to be a high level coach, or a fbs blue blood program coach, however coaching/teaching/development is pretty similar across the board no matter the level.

Many people who frequent this board and post...are absolutely delusional (that's a pretty harsh word, nevertheless I believe it's warranted) to believe we "should" be more competitive than we currently are.  Things that are built to last are not built fast

Everyones expectation around the program changed due to outside pressure (and some momentum from last season).  No coach in their right mind would ever say no to positive publicity and expectations!  We are on track for a 5, maybe 6 win regular season and I'm excited to continue to watch the development.

Quit getting bent out of shape when we struggle/take steps back and be careful to heap so much praise on the team when we do something positive.  I realize fan can be short for fanatical (which makes our supporters really unique), but we also can have some class and patience to watch the rebuild happen the RIGHT WAY.

I live in Iowa, and I hear the same negative conversations about Kirk Ferentz from Iowa fans...the sky is falling when they lose and they are incredible when they win.  It's fun to see a program reach the level of maturity, identity, and unwavering commitment to having their details/standards upheld (like Iowa has).

We haven't played super well this season, though it's disappointing-I definitely have seen progress.  Frost is the type of leader I would want to build around.

Edited by dcscout
Misspelled word
  • Plus1 6