Jump to content

Serious List of New Head Coach


Ggodd002

Recommended Posts

Here is my list of potential replacement coaches.  I want somebody with proven head coaching experience which is why I have not included any assistants on the list.  While I think there are situations where an assistant can turn out great, given where this program stands we need somebody that is more of a sure thing so I am a bit more risk averse. 

 

This list includes 11 names and I know there are other good names out there, but I would hope that Trev would at least make outreach to some of these guys.  The one name not getting much attention in the overall coaching carousel that I think is intriguing is Kalen DeBoer.  Any coach that can go 67-3 in any league is a winner to me (referring to his 5 years at Sioux Falls).  

 

 Names not currently coaching college ball (all not likely):

  • Bob Stoops
  • Chris Petersen
  • Urban Meyer
  • Bill OBrien

Names currently coaching P5:

  • Matt Campbell
  • Lane Kiffin
  • Dave Doeren

Names currently coaching (non-P5)

  • Luke Fickell
  • Kalen DeBoer
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chaldwell

 

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here is my list of potential replacement coaches.  I want somebody with proven head coaching experience which is why I have not included any assistants on the list.  While I think there are situations where an assistant can turn out great, given where this program stands we need somebody that is more of a sure thing so I am a bit more risk averse. 

 

This list includes 11 names and I know there are other good names out there, but I would hope that Trev would at least make outreach to some of these guys.  The one name not getting much attention in the overall coaching carousel that I think is intriguing is Kalen DeBoer.  Any coach that can go 67-3 in any league is a winner to me (referring to his 5 years at Sioux Falls).  

 

 Names not currently coaching college ball (all not likely):

  • Bob Stoops
  • Chris Petersen
  • Urban Meyer
  • Bill OBrien

Names currently coaching P5:

  • Matt Campbell
  • Lane Kiffin
  • Dave Doeren

Names currently coaching (non-P5)

  • Luke Fickell
  • Kalen DeBoer
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chaldwell

 

Leipold is another name to keep an eye on. 

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

...since ya'll think Iowa is so great. 

 

They'll never win the conference again in the post-Jim Tressel Ohio State scandal era. The "play it as safe as you can" offensive strategy just doesn't win big games unless they get unbelievably lucky with the other team turning it over 3+ times.

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Undone said:

 

They'll never win the conference again in the post-Jim Tressel Ohio State scandal era. The "play it as safe as you can" offensive strategy just doesn't win big games unless they get unbelievably lucky with the other team turning it over 3+ times.

 

Lol - I know that. Other folks seem to think Ferentz is the epitome of college football coaches. What we should strive to have.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Undone said:

 

Maybe we have millionaires posting on this site in their vast free time.

 

But it's really funny to have average people actually not connect the dots on how life-changing earning $5M per year would be.

 

You nailed it; who wouldn't want to come get a minimum of like $25M guaranteed money and then be absolutely sure you wouldn't have to work another day in your life if the experiment fails?

 

Funny stuff.

Ha!  No s#!t!

 

I have never understood this.

 

Even if you are making great money as a top level OC/DC now you are getting a winning lotto ticket where you get every cent of that 25-35 million dollar contract.

 

Or people will be like, "he is already making 3.5 million a year, why would he want to come to NU for 5 million a year". Ummmm...because that is 1.5 million dollars more a year???

 

Most of us would go kill our boss and burn the the building right now to take a job for 10K more a year.

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
Link to comment

17 hours ago, Frustrated said:

So, we are now taking former Wisconsin Assistants as our savior????  No F-ing way. He's a helluva coach, I agree, but hiring him is admission that we are their b-tch and that is a bridge way to far for this husker fan! Sorry. I just can't

Okay, I suppose I'll catch heck for including Dave Aranda too. lol 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Shiggity said:

Coach Prime? I’d play for this guy. Outside the box for sure, but intriguing nonetheless. Money is probably not an issue for him and definitely not a proven commodity…yet.  Throwing it out there…

 

https://twitter.com/pgcbasketball/status/1440355863185670145?s=21

I mentioned him joking recently. Seriously though, he's accomplished a lot there. 

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Shiggity said:

Coach Prime? I’d play for this guy. Outside the box for sure, but intriguing nonetheless. Money is probably not an issue for him and definitely not a proven commodity…yet.  Throwing it out there…

 

https://twitter.com/pgcbasketball/status/1440355863185670145?s=21

I don't want him as our next HC.  But, damn.....I wish all of our players understood that message.

Link to comment

Didn't Trev say earlier in the Season SF was not coaching for his job this season?

That he had told Scott this?? That Covid season was a mulligan and this season was a reset....

 

That being said, what about-> Gary Patterson.. ?  and we snag as DC Alex Grinch from Oklahoma.... or Keep Chins as continuity.. or D has stepped up BIG lately. 

 

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Oh super soft!

 

I get it, it is the only game in town, so they need to "play the game"


For the most part our fan base is soft, too. Nebraska fans do not respond well to criticism or pessimism at all. For most of the past 15 or so years I’ve been one of the very few who voiced criticism, and most of the time, I was crucified and told to find a different team to cheer for. As of late others have started to see things differently so I’m no longer the minority. 

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
  • Create New...