Jump to content


Poll: Should Frost be fired?


Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, lo country said:

I don't know or claim to have any inside (or outside) contacts with NU.  I do however feel comfortable w/human nature.  Regardless of their personal feelings, it all comes down to the almighty dollar.  Always has and always will.  If they look at the previous 3.5 seasons and see a diminishing return in revenue ie bowls, ticket sales, concessions, merch etc.....and factor "X" number of years of the same situation they might come to an economical decision.  They are beholding to the regents, investors, tax payers, donors etc.....Throw in the continued rumor of super conferences and they look at the viability of a losing NU being considered for one of these conferences. We are a fly over state, limited "tv's", baseball and volleyball are our premier sports (and don't generate a lot of $).  Do we make the cut being dead last in the West?  Are we really an attractive draw because of our recognition from almost 30 years ago?  It's about the Benjamin's baby.  Not how much they like and support Frost.  To keep their jobs, revenue etc they'll sell him and his contract down the river.....But that's just my jaded perspective..... 

Yes, we continue to be a leading revenue generation football program 

 

The flyover state doesn't matter because of the large alumni base 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

28 minutes ago, lo country said:

I don't know or claim to have any inside (or outside) contacts with NU.  I do however feel comfortable w/human nature.  Regardless of their personal feelings, it all comes down to the almighty dollar.  Always has and always will.  If they look at the previous 3.5 seasons and see a diminishing return in revenue ie bowls, ticket sales, concessions, merch etc.....and factor "X" number of years of the same situation they might come to an economical decision.  They are beholding to the regents, investors, tax payers, donors etc.....Throw in the continued rumor of super conferences and they look at the viability of a losing NU being considered for one of these conferences. We are a fly over state, limited "tv's", baseball and volleyball are our premier sports (and don't generate a lot of $).  Do we make the cut being dead last in the West?  Are we really an attractive draw because of our recognition from almost 30 years ago?  It's about the Benjamin's baby.  Not how much they like and support Frost.  To keep their jobs, revenue etc they'll sell him and his contract down the river.....But that's just my jaded perspective..... 

This is something i dont think we as fans think enough about.  Nebraska is truly different because of how much the university truly relies on its football revenue.  Way more then most schools i would say.  Maybe if we look at that we just cant afford to have more than 4 losing seasons.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Nebraska is truly different because of how much the university truly relies on its football revenue.

 

 

Different than who? 

 

Surely not different than Alabama, USC, Texas, Clemson, Penn State, Ohio State, LSU, Michigan, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, Texas A&M, Georgia, Wisconsin and others.

  • Plus1 4
Link to comment

1 hour ago, NowledgeableFan said:

You give Frost the 7 years .  Nebraska looked good at Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State.

Night games and then an 11:00am - was brutal.  Minnesota had the bye week.  Losing Prohaska

was tough.  The fans are dialed in a home games.

 

I think our coach and AD can work out the problems.

 

 

This is a terrible idea. Just give him 7 regardless of results?  No thank you. 

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I know what I don't want to see.  People comparing Coach Frost's tenure to Coach Obsorne's.  Tom never won fewer than 9 games in a year.  Scott has never had a winning record in Lincoln, heck he hasn't even been .500.  His high water mark is 5 wins.  It's such a bad faith argument comparison.  When I see someone make that debate to argue for more years for Coach Frost I assume they can't distance themself from Scott the championship player or are easily manipulated and dumb.  What are people scared of?  It get worse?  How bad does it have to get with losing season after losing season, players leaving, and boosters bailing out the fake sellout streak, much like Callahan's last ride in '07.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Enhance said:

This is pretty much where I'm at. I don't think Frost is gone after this season, but it's a grim situation. The program is stuck in a perpetual losers purgatory.

 

I think Frost stays one more year because of the contract, but it's fairly uncommon to a see a head coach start off this poorly and turn it around before the timer runs out.

 

Stoops at Kentucky is the closest one off the top of my head. It's a short list, for sure.

Link to comment

My question is, if he's retained and asked to make staff changes.... what kind of coach is going to want to come here, knowing that it might possibly only be for one year? We're in a tough spot -- can't fire him unless you have a splash hire 100% guaranteed. In my opinion, if you reach out to Chadwell, and he's interested, you gotta let Frost go. Otherwise, someone else is gonna snag him.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

1 hour ago, NowledgeableFan said:

You give Frost the 7 years .  Nebraska looked good at Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State.

Night games and then an 11:00am - was brutal.  Minnesota had the bye week.  Losing Prohaska

was tough.  The fans are dialed in a home games.

 

I think our coach and AD can work out the problems.

 

 

 

Sounds like nothing but more excuses to me. In Year 1, maybe Year 2, I'd say ok. Year 4? Not gonna fly.

Link to comment
On 10/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, Stone Cold said:

I think he should stay but if you are going to fire him it better be for the biggest dam splash hire you can come up with.  It better be for someone who has a winning history over a 5 year period.  Has been in the top 25 multiple times over there period of time as head coach.  Has the understand of what it takes to play in the big10.  Understand what the expectations are here, and living up to those.  If no one can do that or that person isnt going to come here then we need to stick with what we have.  We cant keep just resetting 

 

 Wait, has Frost done all this?

 

You hit the reset button if you think you can get a coach who can do better than what the current coach has done.  You don't invent a bunch of oddly specific standards you're not even holding the current coach to.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...