Oregon not looking forward to Incoming Incognito

Newspaper guy does not want Incognito o come in. Apparently transfer papers have all ready been sent. If cmpleted Ritchie has one year left in 2005.

Here's a snippet from this article:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian...55530193300.xml

To his credit, said Incognito: "I've got to tone it down a little."

Except he said it in an interview before the 2003 season.

You'd love to hear from Incognito today, sure. But calls to his parents' house in Glendale, Ariz., were not returned.

Instead, his recent history speaks:

Charged with felony theft at a party in 2001 -- dismissed. Charged with misdemeanor assault in February 2003 -- guilty. Suspended by then-Cornhuskers coach Frank Solich in spring 2003 -- unspecified reasons. Locker room fight with Nebraska teammate, September 2004. Finally, cut loose by Callahan for a violation of team rules.

All this might come to Oregon?

It's not for sure, yet? Well, goody, goody.

And good luck to us all.

I for one love richie and love how he played on the field. He gave us that fire that we are missing this year. He gave us that tough s.o.b that we are missing. Sure he had a temper off the field but just because he beat up a couple of guys doesn't make him a horrible horrible murderer. give the guy a break. I hope he does well.

Give the guy a break? No way. No one forced him to do what he did. No one forced him to let down his teammates days before the season opener. This guy has had break after break after break - and his flushed them all down the crapper.

I wasn't there and I don't know the situation as I'm sure you don't either. He has a temper but I think he will have a great career, just not here I guess.

I happen to know someone who knows someone inside. OK that's pretty lame, I know, but anyways, here's how the Mulkey story goes.

RI comes into the locker room after practice, and starts giving Mulk a good razzing about the OWH article about him earning a starting spot as the Z (3rd) receiver, saying it's really not a starting position cause we only start 2 receivers. Mulkey comes back with something along the lines of "oh yeah - where you watching the game from this weekend? PPV? After others ooh and ahh in laughter at Mulk's comeback, Richie goes nuts and attacks him. After teammates separated them, RI convices everyone he's sorry and wants to apologize to Mulk. When Mulkey extends his hand to shake Richies, Richie goes nuts again. This time, it allegedly took 10 guys to pull him off Grant. To cap this whole scenario off, when Callahan came into the locker room to see what the comotion was about, Richie verbally attacked BC.

Now, if it was just this issue, I would agree that it should warrant another chance, but from what I've been told, Barney Cotton tried to kick Richie off the team in spring ball last year because - get this - he stomped on Jemayel Phillips ankle on purpose during a practice scuffle. This basically ended Phillips football career. This incident was swept under the rug by Solich, and apparently the University settled with Phillips without going to court, but he had to sign a gag-order so no press would be given to it.

Consider these two incidents, and throw those on the pile with all the other bull-s%$ (detailed in the Oregon writers article), and it's very easy to see why we don't want him back.

Hope that helps.

Thats pretty interesting stv. I believe the stories to a degree, but Im sure they are a bit exagerrated on some level. However if you have a rep for these shennanigans - see the Mich St bowl game last year - then people are going to be inclined to not give you the benefit of the doubt - see Wacko Jacko - and this is the result, whether they are fabricated at all or not, it almost doesnt even matter.

either way thnx for sharin STV.

As for the validity of the story, remember Jemayel Phillips leaving the team in fall camp last year due to "personal reasons"? Add it up - it was because his ankle had irreparable damage, and the attempt to rehab it during the summer failed. Allegedly, he went to Solich and mentioned something regarding a lawsuit. NU quickly offered a settlement to avoid the bad press. Richie then served a opening day suspension for "violating team rules", and - case closed.

Also...don't forget Richies on the field problems. Michigan State - Penn State. How many personal foul penalties did this guy cause us? If you remember the 2002 season; in our home loss to Colorado, we were driving late in the game for a game-winning drive. The drive pretty much ended because of a Richie Incognito personal foul penalty.

I'm told that he was involved in no less than 20 practice time fights with teammates during his years here - most recently in a nasty one with Carriker a few weeks before the Mulkey incident.

Trust me - if you add it all up, we absolutely are better off without him.

Good luck Oregon.

I happen to know someone who knows someone inside. OK that's pretty lame, I know, but anyways, here's how the Mulkey story goes.

RI comes into the locker room after practice, and starts giving Mulk a good razzing about the OWH article about him earning a starting spot as the Z (3rd) receiver, saying it's really not a starting position cause we only start 2 receivers. Mulkey comes back with something along the lines of "oh yeah - where you watching the game from this weekend? PPV? After others ooh and ahh in laughter at Mulk's comeback, Richie goes nuts and attacks him. After teammates separated them, RI convices everyone he's sorry and wants to apologize to Mulk. When Mulkey extends his hand to shake Richies, Richie goes nuts again. This time, it allegedly took 10 guys to pull him off Grant. To cap this whole scenario off, when Callahan came into the locker room to see what the comotion was about, Richie verbally attacked BC.

Now, if it was just this issue, I would agree that it should warrant another chance, but from what I've been told, Barney Cotton tried to kick Richie off the team in spring ball last year because - get this - he stomped on Jemayel Phillips ankle on purpose during a practice scuffle. This basically ended Phillips football career. This incident was swept under the rug by Solich, and apparently the University settled with Phillips without going to court, but he had to sign a gag-order so no press would be given to it.

Consider these two incidents, and throw those on the pile with all the other bull-s%$ (detailed in the Oregon writers article), and it's very easy to see why we don't want him back.

Hope that helps.

I'm sorry but that story is absurd. If he would have went after Callahan he would of been gone immediately. I don't think what he did to Mulkey was to bad because just a couple days before Richie left, he said in interview that he hopes Richie can come back and Richie is a good friend. I believe the start of your story but after that it's a joke imo.

Im not so sure that story is as absurb as we would LIKE to think. Lets be logical here, a bluechip guy doesnt get dismissed for minor infractions. He obviously not only crossed the line with BC, he snorted it.

Losing the 'cog greately compromises our chances for success this year - as well as BC's AND Stevie Ps, which all go hand in hand. So if you think for a new jack second that Richie didnt damn near have to have sex with everyone on the coaching staffs wives to get booted you need to get your hedz checked.

Obvsiouly Im exagerrating here, but to me Husker-stv's story is not all that unbelievable. You saying its far-fetched is exactly what makes it more likely to be true. Why? B/c my point is that it would take something "unbelievable" to get him ousted - plus the story is a damn near carbon copy of all his previous BS which STV listed above, which were ALL well documented. I admit I wasnt a witness to all these "alleged" events either, but guess what either were you. So you know what, the shoe fits, so IMO you saying the story is absurb is the most absurb thing of all. The details may be a bit off, but Im sure the basics are right on.

Im not so sure that story is as absurb as we would LIKE to think. Lets be logical here, a bluechip guy doesnt get dismissed for minor infractions. He obviously not only crossed the line with BC, he snorted it.

Losing the 'cog greately compromises our chances for success this year - as well as BC's AND Stevie Ps, which all go hand in hand. So if you think for a new jack second that Richie didnt damn near have to have sex with everyone on the coaching staffs wives to get booted you need to get your hedz checked.

Obvsiouly Im exagerrating here, but to me Husker-stv's story is not all that unbelievable. You saying its far-fetched is exactly what makes it more likely to be true. Why? B/c my point is that it would take something "unbelievable" to get him ousted - the details may be a bit off, but the basics are most likely right on.

I disagree. I have heard nothing like that about Richie attacking Callahan. It seemed to me like Richie kind of decided to leave on his own because he thought the punishment was to harsh. I mean he at the first game on the sidelines. I don't know the whole story and probably not to many people to and rumors get going so you don't know what to believe. I'm guessing Callahan being a new coach here was trying to make a statement.

when Callahan came into the locker room to see what the comotion was about, Richie verbally attacked BC.

This is what I read in STVs story. You keep referring to him "attacking" CAllahan like he took a swing. With his hot head reputation how is a "verbal" attack all that unbelievable? Players go off on coaches all the time when theyre all fired up. :steam

when Callahan came into the locker room to see what the comotion was about, Richie verbally attacked BC.

This is what I read in STVs story. You keep referring to him "attacking" CAllahan like he took a swing. With his hot head reputation how is a "verbal" attack all that unbelievable? Players go off on coaches all the time when theyre all fired up. :steam

I'm not saying it didn't happen but if it did, then I can't believe CAllahan wouldn't have kicked him off right way and no indefinite crap. If a player verbally attacks you after fighting with a player he would be gone right away. But instead he is just suspended indefinite from what I heard was going to be about 4 games but then I think Richie and his Dad just kind of decided to move on. Just my opinion.

I can see that. RI doesnt seem like he handles punihsment very welll - and the apple doesnt fall very far - so Im sure his father was offended by the whole deal as well.

And no, IMO if he verbally attacked a coach I dont think thats ground for immediate dismissal. This happens mor than we even know, and wouldnt merit expulsion every time. if so there would be very few players remaining. also I dont think Callahan was trying to set an example - rather save his ass from public criticism. He knew 'cog was a fan favorite and if he kicked him right off there would be an outcry - espcially if we went in the crapper as a result. He probably figured suspending him indefinitely was a good middle ground, and knew 'cog would most likely leave anyway. So it was self fulfilling type of move for Callahan IMO.

I can see that. RI doesnt seem like he handles punihsment very welll - and the apple doesnt fall very far - so Im sure his father was offended by the whole deal as well.

And no, IMO if he verbally attacked a coach I dont think thats ground for immediate dismissal. This happens mor than we even know, and wouldnt merit expulsion every time. if so there would be very few players remaining. also I dont think Callahan was trying to set an example - rather save his ass from public criticism. He knew 'cog was a fan favorite and if he kicked him right off there would be an outcry - espcially if we went in the crapper as a result. He probably figured suspending him indefinitely was a good middle ground, and knew 'cog would most likely leave anyway. So it was self fulfilling type of move for Callahan IMO.

I don't know, from reading on other boards it doesn't seem Richie was to big of a fan favorite. Most act like they hate him however, that always seems to change with Nebraska fans after someone leaves. Same thing with Bo. He was loved here then Callahan comes and Bo goes to Okie and people hate him. Like I said, we will never know the whole true story with Richie. I wish him the best.