J bullox in Playboy??!!!

as a preseason all american that is!! :lol: made you look.

LINCOLN -- For those who use the interviews as an excuse to buy Playboy magazine, the September issue offers the co-founders of Google, "America's Newest Billionaires," as subjects. But a Nebraska football fan might also try to justify such a purchase because of the photo spread on pages 82 and 83.

Josh Bullocks, the Cornhuskers' junior free safety, can be found on those pages, in a casual pose, sitting on what appears to be the seat from an old wooden school desk.

There's nothing risque about the photo, contrary to his mom's reaction when she found out he was going to Phoenix to be photographed for Playboy. At first, she thought it was going to be "some kind of freaky type thing, her son being in Playboy," Bullocks said after a recent practice.

"I had to explain it," he said. "It was nothing like that."

Even so, "I'm pretty sure she won't go out and buy one," he said.

Bullocks was among 24 college players and Louisiana State Coach Nick Saban who went to Phoenix in the spring to be photographed for Playboy's annual All-America team.

When his Cornhusker teammates found out he was going to the photo shoot, they all volunteered to accompany him, said Bullocks. "They thought I was going to the Playboy Mansion."

They imagined him meeting Hugh Hefner and being surrounded by Bunnies. But he knew that wouldn't be the case. Antonio Langham, a cousin who was an All-America defensive back at Alabama and a first-round NFL draft pick in 1994, explained how it would be, he said.

There was a time when the All-America team visited the Playboy Mansion. But that ended several years ago. This year, the players stayed at a resort in the Phoenix area, and the team photo was taken in an abandoned warehouse.

"It pretty much wasn't what you expected. There weren't any Bunnies around," said Bullocks.

Even so, he enjoyed the trip, despite missing three flights and arriving late on Friday of the two-day event. He roomed with Antrel Rolle, a defensive back from Miami, and talked with most of the others on the team, including six from Big 12 schools: Kansas State's Darren Sproles, Texas's Cedric Benson and Derrick Johnson, and Oklahoma's Mark Clayton, Dan Cody and Antonio Perkins.

Bullocks had never met any of the players, and "I thought people would be running off at the mouth," he said. "But it wasn't what I expected. There wasn't no trash talking."

What there was were questions about Nebraska's new offense. The Texas players told him they hoped to meet Nebraska in the Big 12 championship game. And the Oklahoma players said they were looking forward to the Cornhuskers' coming to Norman for a game on Nov. 13.

Sproles didn't say much. "He was kind of a quiet guy," Bullocks said.

Michigan wide receiver Braylon Edwards wasn't quiet. "He was kind of a funny guy. He talked a lot," said Bullocks. So did Marcus Spears, a defensive lineman from Louisiana State.

Oklahoma's Clayton rode a mechanical bull, but Bullocks passed on that, as he did on trying to do backflips during the talent-show competition between teams of the players.

Rolle did backflips for his team, Bullocks said. "I just danced."

Though he didn't know any of the players, he was familiar with many of them by reputation, and not just those in the Big 12. Likewise, they were familiar with him and his twin brother, Daniel, the Cornhuskers' starting strong safety. They were referred to as "the twins," he said.

Bullocks and Rolle had something in common about which to talk, not only because they are both defensive backs but also because Rolle's former teammate Sean Taylor, the fifth player selected in the NFL draft, intercepted 10 passes last season, tying Bullocks for the most in the nation.

Bullocks doesn't feel added pressure because of the increased expectations resulting from the school-record 10 interceptions. "I'm anxious for the season to get going," he said. "My main focus is, I just want to be a better football player than I was yesterday. I don't feel any pressure."

There might have been more pressure from his teammates, including brother Daniel, when they found out he was flying somewhere for the Playboy photo shoot.

Oh yes, in case you're curious, Playboy is more enthusiastic than most about Nebraska's chances of immediate success under Coach Bill Callahan. The Cornhuskers are No. 11 in the magazine's rankings, one place behind Kansas State, four places behind Oklahoma and seven places behind Texas.

http://www.theindependent.com/stories/0819...babcock19.shtml