2004 football captains

Redout

In a bit of a tradition breaker, Callahan has alowed any soph., junior or senior to be a captain.

LB- Barret Ruud

FS Daniel Bullocks

QB Joe Dailey

WR-Ross Pilkington

I don't agree with this decision. You should have to put your time in in order to be named to this. Dailey hasn't proved anything on the field yet.

Only Seniors should be allowed

How is the selection made? By the team? Or by the coaches?

I'm wondering if this wasn't done to help Daily on the field - to give him more of a "command" presence.

On the other hand, if your quarterback isn't looked to as a leader - regardless whether he's nameda as a captain - you've got some problems....

The decision was made by the team. Criteria was altered a bit after Callahan discused it with the team.

Now what if Dailey loses his starting job to someone next year. Is he no longer a candidate? Can you be a captain on the sideline. Without any playing time?? This decision destirbs me a bit.

You have to put your time in. Till you have been through the fire and experienced enough to situations to be able to react to them.

If the captain looks tentative, scared or worried so then does the team.