Instant replay??????

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but this weekend at Wisconsin Barry Alvarez had to deal with Instant replay. He' wasn't so happy. His team was moving down the field and then there was a question on one play about where the players foot went out of bounds. Well after about 5 minutes, the badgers lost there momentum and had to punt. This was a simply play to corect, yet it took that much time. In the end thought they did get the call right. But at the Badgers expense. Has anyone heard about more instatn replay in college???

This is something put out by the Big 10 conference in August:

The Big Ten office announced today that 12 of the League's 16 non-conference home football games scheduled to appear on television will feature the Conference's experimental instant replay system. The four schools that did not grant their approval for use of the system were Arizona State (Sept. 11 at Northwestern), UCLA (Sept. 11 at Illinois), Iowa State (Sept. 11 at Iowa) and San Diego State (Sept. 18 at Michigan).

The NCAA Football Rules Committee granted the Big Ten the right to experiment with instant replay on a one-year basis for all televised games at League stadiums in 2004. While all 44 Big Ten games will utilize this system, visiting teams during non-conference contests must approve the usage of instant replay. The remaining 12 non-conference opponents consented to the use of instant replay, while the system will be unavailable for the six home games not scheduled to be televised (Florida A&M and Western Michigan at Illinois; Central Michigan at Indiana; Illinois State at Minnesota; Kansas at Northwestern; Ball State at Purdue).

• 3 weeks later...

I witnessed this for the first time the other night in the minn game. and my final feeling was that it is a bunch hogwash. to me the "tech advisor" hack in the big box in the sky covered the refs ass on a play that was no WAY definitive one way or the other. and why not? if no one can be sure why not cover your buddies glory hole? what a load of sh.. :steam