Recruiting wrap up on big weekend

Just a little run down from what I have read. The percentage afterward is what I feel he is commited to the Huskers. 100% is the best.

One things that is similiar in all the info is that all the recruits sat together and talked. They all seem to have gotten along quite well.

Phillip Dillard is a four star guy who has all ready commit and after his trip he is "rock soild" on it. He was blown away by everything even before he was told what would happen. (95% a Husker)

Jacob Hickman just committed to the Huskers. He should be moved to the DLine. One of his favorite parts of the trip was the fact that a lot of people knew who he was. He said the trip was amazing.(85% a Husker)

Roberto Wallace a WR from Oceanside, CA came close to committing but then thought it might be best to wait. He was a player who didn't have the Huskers high on his list. Basically took the trip just to go. The game might have moved the Huskers up. His favorite part was the crowd. Verdict is still out on him. (40% a Husker)

Russell Tialevea also from Oceanside said the highlight of the trip was the fans. "They were crazy before, during, and after the game." Again some of the Husker commits are doing their own recruiting. Dillard and Roark talked to him for quite some time. (I think some work still needs to be done on him. He will be taking more visits. (50% a Husker)

Averell Spicer was a big surprise for the Huskers. Averell's father spoke highly about the coaching staff. They were straightforward and direct on their expectations for his son. Neither one of them have follwed Nebraska closely, but also commented on the academics. I really believe we made a difference on this trip. Averell is considered the NUMBER 1 Weakside backer in the country. He currently has USC and Florida State higher on his list, but I think as of now he may have moved even with them. Still lots of recruiting to go and some tough competition. (40% a Husker)

Marquis Wilson had a great trip. Small, quick wideout. You get the feeling we're going to get him, based on the fact we have no competition. BYU, Utah, Utah St. and Arizona have offered. He wants to make a decision by the end of the month. (75% a Husker)

Rey Maualuga, the bigtime recruit from Cally. The number 1 ranked inside backer said his trip was beyond what he thought he'd see in the Midwest. He now realizes by the looks and cheering, how much everyone loves Nebraska football. He liked how he could finally talk to the coaches in person instead of on the phone. He enjoyed talking about things other than football. Like everyone he loved the Tunnel Walk. He said Nebraska is now tied with USC for number one on his list. This one will go down to the wire. He visits Oklahoma in two weeks and he'll surely go to USC on an official. The coaches have to work as hard as possible to get this kid. It might be hard to get him away from So Cal., but from what I have seen so far we are going to bust our asses tryin'..Go get'em coach CAL!!!!!!(50% a Husker)

Zach Potter from Omaha came on an unofficial. I just can't see him going elsewhere. I think he likes the attention he gets and will drag out the process as long as possible. He said he will decide after Thanksgiving. He just wants to take visits and be pampered and you know what I would do the same thing. (80% a Husker)

Just a primer I'll try to keep you guys updated. ;)

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this.

I heard a few more tasty tid bits on big red wrap up. The players that were on there official visits were allowed to ride the bus, walk throught the fans (a new tradition as the NU players and staff walk through to get to the locker room), and walk out the tunnel. Pretty cool.

This weeken NU has two more big time recruits coming in. A DT from Kentucky, I think. and the other is supposedly the number 1 juco, a DB, I'm not sure where he is from.

Also heard that the Spicer kid and Maualuga were getting along really well. Considering going to school together.

Maualuga, I think though would be a little higher percentage than what Eric The Red has him at because of playing time. Ira Cooper and Barrett Ruud are both gone after this. That has to be a big time draw. I'd say 60% a Husker

A decision by Maualuga probably will not be coming any time soon.

"I still plan to make my announcement at the All-American Bowl in January."

Spicer has Nebraska in his top three even with Florida St. and USC. He is concerned about depth at USC so this could help the HUskers.

Thanks for the breakdown Eric. Heres why Im pretty reassured. We only have 3 seniors on Offense and 5 on Defense, and we've already replaced most of these guys just with the recruits that have commited up to this point..

heres the tradeoff:

Calvin Mickens - Lornell McPherson

Phillip Dillard - Barett Ruud

Rodney Piccou - Mike Erickson

Craig Roark - Jake Anderson

David Harvey - Bernard Thomas

Nick Covey - Ira Cooper

Rey Maualuga is going on a visit to Oklahoma this week. Keep your fingers crossed someone brings him to a party and he steps in throw up.

We need to get him passeed the Sooners and USC.

I still think the Huskers have a great chance at getting him because he wants to play early.