"Less Than" 7000 Fans At Pitt Game

Don't know if you saw it in the Headlines section, but here's an exerpt from a recent article:

OMAHA -- The Big Red fan caravan will head east to Pittsburgh this week, but probably not in its traditional high numbers.

Fewer than 7,000 Nebraska fans are expected at 65,000-seat Heinz Field for the Cornhuskers' game against the Panthers on Saturday, said Jim Earle, Pittsburgh's associate athletic director for marketing and merchandising.

Man, if ever anything shows what an institution NU is, this is it. Guys, mosts schools in the county - even the other "elite" schools - would kill for "anything even close to 7000 fans for an away game against an unranked opponent.

Over 60,000 for the spring game, close to 7000 for this game. Incredible support.

No doubt! I saw this article.. kinda lauged when I saw "only" in there. Seriously when you consdier everything like I dont know the friggin Hurricane, Pitt not exactly a puddle jump away, coming off a loss, a complete overhaul of the system, Pitt not exactly being a powerhouse... I'd say our Husker contingent is still going pretty strong!!