OU update

Redout

Actually it was 31-7

....Against an Oregon team with eight offensive starters back and which gained 495 yards in its opener, the Sooners allowed just a single touchdown. The Ducks got no first downs in the first quarter and had gained only 80 yards at halftime.

:wtf

OU has similar problems as NU. They just had there best defensive player get kicked off the team for fighting. They have a little more depth though.

Late Friday night, defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek was thrown off the team.

The senior from Dallas was a first-team athletic and academic All-Big 12 choice, had been voted a captain and has won numerous awards for scholarship and athletic ability.

But a bar fight last week that left a high school friend hospitalized - and subsequent reports of prior alcohol-related skirmishes - ended Dvoracek's college career.

You know, the similarities between OU and NU are incredible. One reason I think that Callahan's approach will work at NU is for that reason. Oklahoma took a year or two to begin to see results from their recruiting and from their diversification of the offense (and the latter helped the former). And consider - is there anything about Norman, OK that makes it more attractive then Lincoln? I mean, neither is what you would consider a "hotbed" of afterhours activity. If OU can recruit the kind of talent to run that wide-open offense, there's no reason NU can't do the same for the West Coast offense. The tradition, coupled with the chance to showcase your talents - and get on TV - is what draws them...

OU seems to be on a mission this year, they got embarassed those last two games last year. Pelini is an upgrade from Stoops on "D". They have all there offensive weapons back, including the Heisman trophy winner. They appear to have a great new RB, Adrian Peterson who is one of the first freshman to rush for 100 yards each each of his first three games as a SOoner. I really startin' to love this team. I picked them to go all the way. It will be interesting to see them in there first road test of the year.