Through the eyes of Garth Glissman

Benard

Position: Quarterback

Garth Glissman

• Year: Junior

• Hometown: Waverly

• What is your first political memory? Probably the 1992 presidential debates between President Bush, Bill Clinton and Ross Perot. Perhaps even more memorable than the debates were the spin-offs Saturday Night Live did.

• So where will you be for the first presidential debate on Thursday? I'll be in front of my TV watching, taking notes, too.

• Law school. Why that route? It seems to be the best way to eventually get in to politics, and it's a broad degree that enables me to further my career interest in a variety of capacities.

• Watch any good courtroom dramas lately? I'm more into the movies. I don't get much time to watch TV. I've got all the John Grisham movies. I've watched them all, but most recently I've watched "A Time to Kill."

• What are your goals for a football career? Just to do whatever's asked of me and be the ultimate team player. It's been a dream of mine just to be a part of this program.

• Give us an analogy that would help us understand learning the West Coast offense. It's like taking a rigorous college course. And the lab, so to speak, is conveying what you've learned out on the field with 11 guys trying to kill you. I've taken some pretty difficult college courses, and the West Coast offense is like adding a graduate level course to it all.

• If you were elected as governor of Nebraska, would you hire a chauffeur, or do you think you could motor around yourself just fine? I can get around fine. I don't need any special privileges.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg...8&u_sid=1216257

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg...8&u_sid=1216238