New Coach Poll

Who would you choose for the head coach job?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To early to really say, but as far as an internal solution I would go with Pelini. He is

a no nonsense, straight to the point motivated and confident coach.

Also, I think Husker fans are going to have to realize that after 40 years, it might

be time to go outside the program!

This is pure hearsay at this point, but the hottest rumor of the hour is that Steve Spurrier will be our new coach. He actually was in Lincoln today for a speaking engagement, so he may have met with Pederson. And according to the local "cable guy", he just got done hooking up Steve's new spread.

I think this is a crock of steaming BS, but creates an interesting debate. First of all how the hell would he already have cable hooked up if he just interviewed today?! Unless this was in the works long ago.

But still, I dont care who you are, it takes an act of god to get a friggin cable appt in Lincoln. Oh wait, then again Pederson thinks he is God, so he may have pulled some strings..

this is horsesh#t. spurrier wouldnt fit in anyway. his style couldnt be integrated into our system. you cant change an entire institution in the off-season. this would be even worse for cruiting. THe Ibacks would be turned off b/c NU wouldnt be that running school anymore, and the top QBs and WRs would give a sh#t less b/c NU is NOT a passing school and wont be for several yrs even w/a freak like spurrier. this would be a debacle of huge proportions. see redskins '02-'04

As I have said with all the talk about African Americans becoming a topic of discussion (not recieving jobs for D-1, would giving Gill a chance really hurt. Actually I shouldn't put it like that, but rather he does have the credentials and the fact that he is African American help. He speaks very well as press conferences, I think he brings in good recruits. I think at this point he is more qualified than Pelini. Pelini has never been a head coach at any level. They will be taking a big risk. I mean I can see Pelini telling a recruit to go screw themself because he decided on another school. Just my view. But as we know in today's college football the head coach is more of a figurehead. Organizes everything, finalized issues. Not so much X's and O's. The more I think about it I think Gill would be a nice fit. I do think he is going to have to Wow Pederson at the interview. Going to have toprove that he is different than Solich. Not breed from the same mold as Frankie. I just don't see Gill getting much respect from Pederson right now, and if he is not chosen Gill will leave.

eric "the red"

Rumor of the day was that Bill Snyder was seen around Lincoln. Hah! :lol: these are getting good!

This is BS for several reasons. 1) Snyder would not be in Lincoln the Tue before the big 12 championship

2) Pederson would not recruit Snyder - bottom line he is too old. We need a guy in his 40's that can put 20+ into the program.

3) To be honest, Snyder is a 2nd tier coach. Hasnt won anything. yes I realize he has done great things w/nothing, but he is not THAT esteemed around the country. kindof known as a gimmick type guy, who pads his record by playing cupcakes. not completely true, but that is his rep

4) Im not even sure Snyder would want the gig. He realistically only has 5 or so yrs left in his coaching shelf life, and that is about how long it would take to even get where kstate is today. hurts to admit it but its true. He may as well finish what he has worked so hard at. he is pretty good off right now and owns that town.

Any rumors from anyone else?

BTW, heres a link for the "official" prospects according to the OWH

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=934367

BRM