Husker Castaway: Brandon Koch

Benard

Brandon Koch is this week's Husker Castaway. The Nebraska junior offensive guard was told to wear a stylish bucket hat and pretend he was stranded on an island. On this island, the pride of Gothenburg could have company in the form of the listed subjects below. But he could have only one of each. This is what you'd find on Brandon's Island.

DVD: "The ‘Lord of the Rings' trilogy."

CD: "Metallica's ‘Master of Puppets.' That's definitely what you listen to when you're getting fired up for a game. I've been listening to that before games going way back to high school."

Book or magazine: "How about the ‘5.0 Mustang' magazine? I read that a lot. I love Mustangs and it's fun to see what those guys do with them. I guess I have the need for speed. I own a ‘95 GT. I've had it since my first year of college."

Photo: "One of my family, of all the family together. I'd also have to take me a picture of my girlfriend Lyndee."

Video game: " ‘NCAA Football' on the GameCube."

Food item: "It's got to be hamburger. Not fast food hamburgers. It's got to be home-grown Nebraska beef."

Clothing: "I'm on an island. I don't think I need any."

Teammate: "That's a tough call there. I'd probably take (offensive lineman) Jake (Andersen). He'd provide the comic relief."

Girl: "That's a dangerous one. Do you go with the safe pick or is this like a fantasy world? If it's that, then I'd take Jessica Simpson. But you better just put down my girlfriend."

link