ESPNs sportsnation question asks . . .

what the hell is that, that just shows how many other people other than NE know about college football

No, we'd pretty much need to win the Big 12 to get a BCS bowl. It's possible, but we've done nothing to prove yet that we're going to beat Oklahoma and Texas. I hope for the best, but as it stands, the odds are stacked against us :P Doesn't make everyone else ignorant about college football. But it does give us motivation to go out and defeat the odds.

That game did resotre the order in the North....just not the whole Big XII

BZZT. Wrong. Restoring the order is about more than beating a pretty terrible Colorado team (which is what they were at the end of that season).

Actually the game in question was in 2005 NOT last year. And if I am not mistaken did we not sweep the North last year? Which would in turn mean Order Restored in the North. Yes we had problems last year but I believe that we did go undefeated.....hmmm maybe im more right then you think.

I know it was 2005. Look at how Colorado ended that season. Lost to Iowa State by 14 points, lost to us by 27, and lost to Texas by 67. They also lost their bowl game against Clemson.

Eh. It depends on how you look at the term "Restore the Order." One Big 12 North title, when the North is at maybe its weakest point ever, does not mean (to me) that the order has been restored. Your mileage, however, may vary.

I know it was 2005. Look at how Colorado ended that season. Lost to Iowa State by 14 points, lost to us by 27, and lost to Texas by 67. They also lost their bowl game against Clemson.

Eh. It depends on how you look at the term "Restore the Order." One Big 12 North title, when the North is at maybe its weakest point ever, does not mean (to me) that the order has been restored. Your mileage, however, may vary.

I do agree with ya. I guess maybe my optimistic side is thinking that this is restored. The season should tell alot though.

Exactly right Order will be restored when this program starts beating top ranked teams again and destroying lesser teams. winning the north is the equivalent of me beating my 6 year old daughter in an arm wrestling match. Right now this team is viewed as a lesser program by those outside of it and after performances in "Big" games over the last few years why should they think different?

I have posted time and time again to gain respect you have to earn it. Beat USC,TX,OK or at least 2 of em, do not lose to lower teams in the south, no more nail biters against teams they are "supposed" to beat might be a good start in gaining back respect of the past. Until then no order has been restored and certainly no respect will be gained.

it has less to do with people knowing about us, than it is the love afair with OU and UT.

The media always has a love affair with Big 12 teams that consistantly beat everyone and are ranked high...NU hasn't done that in a while...when that starts, so does the 'respect.' It is a very fickle science. Complain as much as you want, but big wins = media love...if that's how you value your Husker team, then that is what you have to hope for. Otherwise, you take them for what they are, and pull for them hard no matter what.