Pederson and Neb. should be ashamed

Guest BigHit

I am a very loyal University of Texas fan, but have alot of respect for everyone from Nebraska (except for Trev Alberts). I am still shocked that Coach Solich was fired. That should be an eye opening event on your campus. mr. Pederson sounds like he had an agenda when he got to the school. Solich was a class act and should have been commended, not fired. It also sounds like Pelini was in on the firing, that is back stabbing and I hope all football recuits see that the "leaders" of the athletic dept. not only lie, but back stab other coaches. I guess 9-3 and 89% grad rate is not good enough, but just remember, Texas has not had any success against OU the past 4 years, but Mack Brown is still leading a class act here in Austin. Pederson, grow up!!!

blah blah blah blah.

What's the problem about a guy having an agenda when he takes the job? I would

rather a guy have an idea of what he would do with the system if he was hired than

a guy that is just going to be a bump on a log.

Yes, there is no doubt that Solich was and is a great guy. It takes more than being a

great guy to be a great coach. He was a good coach, but not a great one IMO.

I would like to hear why you think Pelini was in on the firing. The fact that he was

named interim coach is not a reason. I think he was the best choice out of all the

choices. He is confident, no-nonsense kind of coach that knows what it takes.

If you would read, the firing was not all about this season. NU will always have a great

graduation rate. We have smart kids.

Texas has been competing for the Big 12 and possibly the national title for years. NU

hasn't. That's the difference.

Yes, I agree that Trev Alberts can talk alot of crap when he wants to. :)

GO HUSKERS

Texas fans really need to think before they speak for a change. Mack the Slacker has done nothing in Austin despite brainwashing a bunch of top notch players into his vision of something eventually happening there. He has no conference titles and struggles to make BCS bowls. While NU has been struggling the last two seasons, we seem to forget that we have been very competitive nationally until 2002. If you look at the breakdowns in other major programs, they have been very long lived (ie OU all of the 90's) and ours likely is already on the way to being over. NU did what was best for its' program even though Solich is a great man. Texass can keep that hack of a coach as long as they want. He will never bring them to glory.

Appreciate your sentiment BigHit, as I think most Husker fans had a similar reaction to yours at first. But now we are faced with accepting reality, and dealing with it the best we can. The best we can is looking at it optimistically and hope this was for the better.

I just hope we dont have similar results to OU and USC in the 90's. And by the way DaveH, there is nothing wrong with having an agenda, as most do. However it should not be "personal", as it very much seemed to be.

I do have to ask BigHit. If TX continues to lose to OU, and lose BADLY, will you continue to support Mack Brown, and be content with the class he exudes and represents the University with? Is that truly enough?

• 2 weeks later...

I also am in Texas, but grew up in Lincoln and went to Lincoln Southeast while Solich was the head football coach there. I have to applaud NU's decision to do what it takes to bring back the level of competition that we expect. Some games this year and last you had to wonder how this team was even ranked as poorly as they played.

Solich was a jackass at SE and pretty much relied on his assistants and the talent he had their to win a championship. I know players from the team. I imagine when his lousy recruiting and ineptitude caught up with him at NU it started to show on the field.

That interesting Mac. And you know what, Ive heard similar stories. Its unfortunate, and I feel immaterial, but Im afraid Solich hasnt seen the worst of his name being drug thru the mud yet. Rumors are that he has some "skeletons" which may make an appearance here real soon. I would have to think courtesy of SP backers, who want to validate his move to hack Solich, and further bury the hatchett in his back by ruining his shot at another HC job at a D1 school.

JRS