man-child

Benard

LINCOLN - Brandon Jackson's teammates can stop bugging him now.

Jackson's pals on the Nebraska football team had been ribbing the true freshman running back for weeks, asking him when he was going to finally score a touchdown.

Jackson finally has an answer - about halfway through the third quarter of Saturday's 59-27 victory over Baylor.

On a day when he led Nebraska in rushing, Jackson scored the first two touchdowns of his collegiate career on a couple of short plunges and also gave the Huskers a much-needed boost returning kickoffs.

It produced what Jackson called a breakout performance. Much of the breaking out, from Jackson's perspective, happened when he scored his first career touchdown on a 2-yard run with 6:36 remaining in the third quarter.

"When that play came up I was like 'Awww, yeah,'" Jackson said. "This is my chance. I got to get my touchdown."

He did, capping off a five-play, 65-yard scoring drive that put up the Huskers' first points of the second half, giving them a 38-17 lead and ending a string of 14 straight Baylor points.

Jackson, who had seen sporadic action in NU's first five games - getting as many as 13 carries against Western Illinois and not playing at all against Pittsburgh - saw his most extensive playing time of the season against Baylor, picking up 89 yards on 18 carries to go with his two scores. All are career highs for the Horn Lake, Miss., native.

On a side note, brandon dates a girl from my home town that I know fairly well.

more here