New Husker Blog

Hey guys,

New to the board and I am impressed. It looks like there are lots of big time Nebraska fans here. Anyways, I look forward to joining in here and posting and discussing the Huskers.

I also wanted to let you know that I have just started a Nebraska football blog. The blog is in its infancy stages, but the first article I posted is an in-depth analysis in which I wrote about Marlon Lucky and how he compares to the other Rivals100 running backs from the 2005 recruiting class.

I plan on keeping this blog going for as long as possible and welcome any content suggestions from all of you guys.

Here is the link: Nebraska Football Blog

Thanks and GBR!

You're leaving out some ATHs in that recruiting class who are running backs. For example, Darren McFadden was in Lucky's class I believe. Also, you said Bjax went in the 3rd round?...he was a 2nd round pick by the Packers.

anyways, welcome :) and very nice blog.

You're leaving out some ATHs in that recruiting class who are running backs. For example, Darren McFadden was in Lucky's class I believe.

I only counted those in that class whom Rivals described as RB's because the article came about as a response to one of my friends constantly telling me how Lucky was overrated out of high school and has done nothing compared to the rest of the running backs from that class.

A quick glance over the Rivals100 from 2005 shows that yes, Darren McFadden was an athlete who turned into an excellent running back and there are also two others who somewhat fit in that category as well. Those are Henry Melton and Montario Hardesty. Melton has since converted to DE and many of the criticisms that of Jamaal Charles would also apply to Henry Melton. Hardesty has not done much though.