A couple of questions id like to get your opinions on

Travis9

1. Mo Purify, why does he ever come out. After rewatching the game do you realize he played in only about30 percent of the plays. There were 3 third and long situations in the first half where he was on the sidelines. How is ths, i look back at all the really good receivers in the past 3 years around college football and they played a huge majority of the snaps. what good is comin of our rotation of 6 WR. Dont you think Purify should be in the game when it couns at all times.

2. The Defense, besides all the stuff already on here i did a little digging. I looked at LSU because i believe they are a D to model after. Their 2 deep consists of no LB weighing over 231 pounds. No DE weighing over 258. They are fast and furious. Could one of Turners problems be his added weight could one of Potters problems outside of the obvious be his size. Same with Ruud. Coz's D and LSU D are different very different. Coz's scheme of gap responsibility doesnt allow for players with light weights and top speed. he needs big heavy players to play his scheme so maybe his scheme is bad?

3. Our D and O as a whole, are they too complicated. Taylor Mays at USC started as a True Frosh. After 4 short weeks in the fall he was able to understand the D and play from Day one. We continuously hear that our youngsters dont have the system down yet, is that really a good thing? On O its the same, so if the system is so difficult why pretend and waste redshirts. Is it cuz the players dont want to redshirt or is it poor decisions?

4. Changes, is looked around and have seen several instances Michigan and ND to name a couple, where players arent getting it done. Publicly the coaches stated that it was unacceptable and player personel changes were going to be made. Iowa St is another example, Chizik stated after the first game that if things were not significantly better the second game then changes would be made. Guess what, the third game he made the changes and low and behold they beat Iowa. Our coaches dont make changes, its the same ol same ol. Ruud has stunk for some time yet he still trots out there and before anyone drops the All Big 12 bomb, who cares about end of season awards really, if he cant tackle and make plays he cant tackle and make plays. That bein said wouldnt now be the time for some changes? we have consecutive games against teams we SHOULD beat. Now would be the time to get new blood in the lineup and let them play as a mistake or 2 should not cost us either game and would allow those players to be comfortable by the Mizzou game.

5. Last one i promise. Tackling, i have listened to and read a ton about how the players are ultimately responsible and in part this is true, but what do our coaches do. Isnt tackling something they should be teaching and working on? If so then does the players are fully responsible hold much water, shouldnt the coaching take on some of that responsibility as well?

1. Mo Purify, why does he ever come out. After rewatching the game do you realize he played in only about30 percent of the plays. There were 3 third and long situations in the first half where he was on the sidelines. How is ths, i look back at all the really good receivers in the past 3 years around college football and they played a huge majority of the snaps. what good is comin of our rotation of 6 WR. Dont you think Purify should be in the game when it couns at all times.

2. The Defense, besides all the stuff already on here i did a little digging. I looked at LSU because i believe they are a D to model after. Their 2 deep consists of no LB weighing over 231 pounds. No DE weighing over 258. They are fast and furious. Could one of Turners problems be his added weight could one of Potters problems outside of the obvious be his size. Same with Ruud. Coz's D and LSU D are different very different. Coz's scheme of gap responsibility doesnt allow for players with light weights and top speed. he needs big heavy players to play his scheme so maybe his scheme is bad?

3. Our D and O as a whole, are they too complicated. Taylor Mays at USC started as a True Frosh. After 4 short weeks in the fall he was able to understand the D and play from Day one. We continuously hear that our youngsters dont have the system down yet, is that really a good thing? On O its the same, so if the system is so difficult why pretend and waste redshirts. Is it cuz the players dont want to redshirt or is it poor decisions?

4. Changes, is looked around and have seen several instances Michigan and ND to name a couple, where players arent getting it done. Publicly the coaches stated that it was unacceptable and player personel changes were going to be made. Iowa St is another example, Chizik stated after the first game that if things were not significantly better the second game then changes would be made. Guess what, the third game he made the changes and low and behold they beat Iowa. Our coaches dont make changes, its the same ol same ol. Ruud has stunk for some time yet he still trots out there and before anyone drops the All Big 12 bomb, who cares about end of season awards really, if he cant tackle and make plays he cant tackle and make plays. That bein said wouldnt now be the time for some changes? we have consecutive games against teams we SHOULD beat. Now would be the time to get new blood in the lineup and let them play as a mistake or 2 should not cost us either game and would allow those players to be comfortable by the Mizzou game.

5. Last one i promise. Tackling, i have listened to and read a ton about how the players are ultimately responsible and in part this is true, but what do our coaches do. Isnt tackling something they should be teaching and working on? If so then does the players are fully responsible hold much water, shouldnt the coaching take on some of that responsibility as well?

Your first question is something I've never understood either. It's just another example of how we never bust out of our mold. I know we have "sets" but how hard is it for Bill to say "this set is in, but reciever "A" stay out... Mo stay in". Just another example of us not adjusting to the situation.