DT James McKinney

Player: James McKinney

Hometown: Louisville, KY

Position: DT

Height: 6’3”

Weight: 275

40 time:4.9

Visit Date: 11/26/04

Scholarships offered: Louisville, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Clemson, Kentucky, Ohio State, Oklahoma

Favorites: Michigan, Nebraska, Clemson, Oklahoma

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #9/****

Insiders: #9****

Assessing the talent: Has been playing multiple positions on defense. He lines up at nose, then DE and rushes outside well, and a considerable time at linebacker. He loves contact. Can pursuit fairly well at 270 pounds. Is an all-state player at multiple sports.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 35% It's down to four teams for him, including Michigan and OU. I get the feeling he is a Wolverine lean. The Huskers continue to make the cut for him. Sounds as though it's down to NU and MIch, with a Michigan lean. He will announce soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe now the Huskers have a little bit better opportunity with McKinney than we think. I once soft Michigan commit might be loosing touch with the Wolverines. So far the Huskers have shown him the best time during his visit. Others were to Michigan and Clemson. The Huskers still have to content with hometown Louisville.

McKinney is the number 1 DT on Nebraska's board. They want him more than just about any other recruit left.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a couple interesting things about this kid today via Rivals.....

One, he hasn't had contact with NU since the Army game so he has dropped us.

Two, he went to visit FLA, and said most of the trip was great except that the coaching staff there was bad-mouthing other programs and he didn't like that very much. I hope Urban Meyer never wins an SEC title.