Weight:310

40 time: 5.1

Visit Date: 12/17/04

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Akron

Favorites: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/**

Insiders: NR/*

Assessing the talent: A real big body. He has only played football for a year or two. So this falls under the category of “PROJECT.” He’s done quite well according to his coach for only being out for such a short time.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% The Huskers have apparently recinded the offer, most likely because of other DT's committing.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this large man, who we seemed to have such a fixation on, is no longer on the radar. I never did quite get the interest, other than the fact he was built like Warren Sapp.

I am gathering we told him there was no longer an offer from us, and I wonder if this is an indication that either Suh and/or McKinney are headed our way.

How sweet it would be to welcome both of those two, plus Lorenzo as frosh DTs. I think we'd have addressed the depth issue, although I also read someplace that we may have told McKinney we'd let him try DE.

I guess my question is, why did we lead him on?? Or is this just the way recruiting goes...