what a day/night

xkbubo

OU, texas, penn, rutgers, alabama, west virginia.... I know I'm missing some and it's not over yet. Crazy week. Crazy season when you throw in michigan, ND, and louisville. I can' t remember so many top programs stumbling so early.

So far the only two that stand alone is LSU and USC. I don't think anybody goes undefeated this year.

OU, texas, penn, rutgers, alabama, west virginia.... I know I'm missing some and it's not over yet. Crazy week. Crazy season when you throw in michigan, ND, and louisville. I can' t remember so many top programs stumbling so early.

So far the only two that stand alone is LSU and USC. I don't think anybody goes undefeated this year.

I should of said the only undefeated in the top 5 are USC and LSU.

If this year and the previous year have stressed anything, it's the need for a playoff system. The old (current) ways only work if you have axiomatically dominant teams... now it's anybody's guess. The question was, "which of the perennial powerhouses is the best" now it's "Which of these historically unimpressive programs is going to knock someone off?" And that just hides the bigger questions about teams which MIGHT be great but simply don't get to show it in their schedules. I mean, what if that team that knocked off App. State really were good enough to be Big 10 champs??? We laugh about it in the football syllogism threads (team A beats team B, team B beats team C, ergo Team A is better than Team C. QED.), but we don't *know* for sure. Maybe Wofford or whatever the hell they're called *IS* better than Ohio State... sorry, THE Ohio State? We call the App state win a fluke and move on because we just take it for granted that they can't be better than the "real" teams in "real" conferences because that's the way it's been. But it isn't that way any more and may never be again.

you said the P word OMG what about the money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$44

I'm sorry :dunno

Though $44 are a lot of monies.