Serious question about what does it take to fire a coach...

What does it take? Everyone (or most) in Husker Nation is calling for the firing of Callahan and Cosgrove. But think about how many other schools out there with bad records still have the same coaches. Does Baylor go through new coaches everytime they start suckin? What about CU's terrible record last year? They didn't fire their coach right away. Or ISU?

I know these aren't programs who have winning records like Nebraska....but when was the last time Nebraska had the powerhouse attitude/record? I hate to say it, but we've been mediocre for awhile now and still have the same coach. So maybe we won't see changes for awhile. The weakest of the weak don't choose to be that way...but they are. We all know it's a cyclical effect. And maybe we're in the extreme null of it and it will be 10-20 years before we pull out. Can Husker nation deal with that? And will Husker nation deal with the same coach during that?

What does it take? Everyone (or most) in Husker Nation is calling for the firing of Callahan and Cosgrove. But think about how many other schools out there with bad records still have the same coaches. Does Baylor go through new coaches everytime they start suckin? What about CU's terrible record last year? They didn't fire their coach right away. Or ISU?

I know these aren't programs who have winning records like Nebraska....but when was the last time Nebraska had the powerhouse attitude/record? I hate to say it, but we've been mediocre for awhile now and still have the same coach. So maybe we won't see changes for awhile. The weakest of the weak don't choose to be that way...but they are. We all know it's a cyclical effect. And maybe we're in the extreme null of it and it will be 10-20 years before we pull out. Can Husker nation deal with that? And will Husker nation deal with the same coach during that?

no way. bc already had his horrible year it was the huskers first year with out a bowl in forever and we all said wait untill he gets his players well now he has them and we are worse than we were the last two years I know I can't put up with this staff very much longer and there is no way I could deal with them for ten or twenty years