OSU/NU game

We had a great time in Lincoln this weekend. I've always heard how great the gameday experience was there and we weren't let down. Everywhere we went people were welcoming us to Lincoln, chatted with us about the game both before and after, wished us safe travels, and somehow did it all in good humor considering how the day went.

Thanks for all of the suggestions posted here. We went to Lazlo's for some good eats/drinks (mmm, Lunasea ESB) and then to PO Pears Friday evening (there was an informal OSU gathering there). I got to try a Runza at the game - good stuff. $5 for that and a bottle of water? Freakin' great deal!

I was a little surprised at the lack of tailgating. For afternoon/evening games, are there usually more folks grilling and hanging out pre-game? I'm sure the chance of rain and early start time took away a few people. Speaking of weather, it was excellent for the game. Cloudy, calm, and nice temps.

In the second half after your first score, I saw a few people throughout the stadium holding up their shoes during the kickoff. What's up with that?

I hope Pederson's firing is the start to getting Nebraska football back on track. You're down now, but NU is too damn strong to stay down.

Good luck!

We had a great time in Lincoln this weekend. I've always heard how great the gameday experience was there and we weren't let down. Everywhere we went people were welcoming us to Lincoln, chatted with us about the game both before and after, wished us safe travels, and somehow did it all in good humor considering how the day went.

Always good to hear

Thanks for all of the suggestions posted here. We went to Lazlo's for some good eats/drinks (mmm, Lunasea ESB) and then to PO Pears Friday evening (there was an informal OSU gathering there). I got to try a Runza at the game - good stuff. $5 for that and a bottle of water? Freakin' great deal!

What's the "specialty" for OSU

I was a little surprised at the lack of tailgating. For afternoon/evening games, are there usually more folks grilling and hanging out pre-game? I'm sure the chance of rain and early start time took away a few people. Speaking of weather, it was excellent for the game. Cloudy, calm, and nice temps.

Unfortunently you visited us at an unprecedented time. Tailgating is usually quite good, never rowdy, but very good. Everyone is just in disbelief over everything

In the second half after your first score, I saw a few people throughout the stadium holding up their shoes during the kickoff. What's up with that?

Got me

I hope Pederson's firing is the start to getting Nebraska football back on track. You're down now, but NU is too damn strong to stay down.

I don't think it doesn anything for this year, but we'll see

Good luck!

Thanks for the explanation of the shoe thing. He really did boom the kicks. I wish we had a guy like Kunalic. I don't think Nebraska started behind the 30 all day; our guy (Fodge - punter who handles kickoffs) just can't kick 'em that far.

The specialty in Stillwater? We don't have anything Runza like. The bar people think of in Stillwater is Eskimo Joe's. Its main claims to fame are cheesy t-shirts and the proximity to the stadium. And cheese fries. Hideaway Pizza has been around since '59. Great pizza.

Next time Nebraska comes to Stillwater, zip me a note if you're making the trip. We have some great tailgates and will make sure you have a big time.

Thanks for the explanation of the shoe thing. He really did boom the kicks. I wish we had a guy like Kunalic. I don't think Nebraska started behind the 30 all day; our guy (Fodge - punter who handles kickoffs) just can't kick 'em that far.

The specialty in Stillwater? We don't have anything Runza like. The bar people think of in Stillwater is Eskimo Joe's. Its main claims to fame are cheesy t-shirts and the proximity to the stadium. And cheese fries. Hideaway Pizza has been around since '59. Great pizza.

Next time Nebraska comes to Stillwater, zip me a note if you're making the trip. We have some great tailgates and will make sure you have a big time.

With all the crud going on I missed this thread.

You have been a pleasure Andy. Dont feel like since we arent playing each other like you have to run off. I think that you would be welcome here anytime. So please stop by and check on us.