Recruiting Fallout

Fans who have observed T.O.'s patterns throughout the years as a H.C. know he is level headed, conservative, and will not do anything with a snap of the finger. B.C. will complete this season, and T.O. will then make a decision. He will not fire the coach until after the last game of the season -- if T.O. thinks he has no other option.

One thing for sure has to happen. The team needs to pick up its intensity -- this may be the most critical element of all. Wins and loses might come into play, but I think T.O. is most concern about the intensity of the team. If the Huskers lose some games where they played fairly well and gave it their best, that could buy Callahan another year. Remember, this is a former head coach. He feels more for what a H.C. has to go through than many other A.D.s. So he may not move as fast as some of you would like.

I guess I"m jumping ahead but obviously a coach will be named by signing day. The new coach will be the big attraction to recruits. I mean look at it this way.. If UN does go out and get Pelini all the defensive guys in the country will look at playing for a guy who's quite possibly the best defensive coach in the game today.. I would want to play for him if I had athletic skill on the defensive side of the ball..