1/4 lb. Roma (plum) tomatoes-I bought 6

3 bunches garlic-the whole bulb-not cloves

1/4 cup lemon juice-I bought 2 lemons for fresh lemon juice

1-1/2 tablespoons salt

1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper

Alot of green onions..don't be skimpy!!

12 fresh jalapeno peppers

Directions:

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Put the 6 lbs. of Roma (plum) tomatoes in the pot of boiling water.

Boil the tomatoes until the skins start to loosen and set color. Drain water off.

Chop the 6 Roma plum tomatoes using a sharp knife. Put the chopped tomatoes in a bowl and place in the refrigerator.

Using the food processor and the "S" blade-Chop these ingredients seperately. After each ingredient is done..put them seperately in bowls in the refrigerator.

Chop:

Green onions

3 bunches of garlic..not cloves that you can seperate-the whole bulb

12 jalapeno peppers with seeds removed-cut off the stems, run a sharp knife down the center of the jalapeno-remove the seeds.

Squeeze lemons to make lemon juice-2 lemons.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Put the 6 lbs. of tomatoes in the boiling water. Keep the tomatoes in there just until the skins start to loosen and set color. Drain the tomatoes and put them in the food processor and crush them.

Mix in a large pot on the stove the following:

6 tomatoes-chopped

Crushed tomatoes-6 lbs.

Minced garlic

Cayenne Pepper

Lemon Juice

Salt

Cayenne Pepper

Whip to desired thickness and bring to a boil. Mix in the green onions and the jalapeno peppers. Continue boiling until the vegetables are soft and the mixture has reached desired consistency. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Homemade tortilla chips are the best.

Homemade Tortilla Chips

From chef and author Emeril Lagasse

January 23, 2004

Better than store bought chips, Emeril Lagasse has the recipe on Good Morning America.

Ingredients

12 corn tortillas, cut into quarters

Vegetable oil if deep-frying

1 teaspoon salt

Directions

1. To fry the chips, add enough oil to come halfway up the sides of a large heavy pot or electric deep fryer and heat over high heat to 360° F.

2. In batches, without crowding, deep-fry the tortillas until golden brown, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.

3. Sprinkle lightly with salt to taste while still hot.

Serve immediately.

Yield: 48 chips

Cornish Hens and Rice

1 box Uncle Ben's Long Grain Wild Rice

4 Cornish Hens-I used 2 Cornish Hens for just the two of us..**BE SURE TO READ NOTE BELOW

1/2 cup butter-melted

Garlic Salt

Cayenne Red Pepper

Pepper

Garlic cloves, minced

Sliced mushrooms

Chopped Onions

Preheat oven to 375. Cook Uncle Bens rice according to package directions. One box stuffs 4 birds.

Rinse hens and dry with a paper towel. Spray baking dish with Pam No-Stick Cooking Spray-Original. Put sliced mushrooms on bottom of roasting pan and put the hens on top. Sprinkle the hens with garlic salt, cayenne red pepper and pepper over the hens-inside and out. I didn't measure...I just went by looks and how much salt and pepper we like. Spoon the rice in hens and then pour melted butter over the hens. Put garlic and onions around the hens and put some on top. Loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for a half hour. Remove the foil and continue baking for 1-1/2 hours.

**Don't worry about the remaining rice drying out since you can't put all the rice in the hens- if using 2 hens. The rice turns out wonderul-the butter drops down into it and gives the rice a great flavor. One box of rice will fill up 4 cornish hens..but.. I am just going to keep making the 2 hens and put the rice around it. The rice is super good that way and I highly recommend doing it that way. I have made it both ways..2 and 4 hens and we liked using 2 hens to 1 box of rice the most.

SHRIMP SPREAD

Ingredients:

1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sour cream

1/4 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle whip)

1 can broken shrimp drained, very very well...(Tuna can size or more...if you like more shrimp)

1 cup of seafood sauce

2 cups of mozzerella cheese, grated

3 green onion tops, finely chopped

1 green pepper, finely chopped

1 red pepper, finely chopped

Your favorite crackers

Whip these 3 ingredients together:

1 - 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sour cream

1/4 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle whip)

On a plate, spread the above cream cheese mixture.

Then spread 1 can broken shrimp drained on top of the cream cheese mixture.

Then spread 1 cup of seafood sauce on top of the shrimp.

Then add 2 cups of grated mozzerella cheese on top of the the seafood sauce.

Then finely chop 3 green onion tops, 1 green pepper, and 1 red pepper.

Mix onions and peppers together and sprinkle on top of grated cheese layer.

Jalapeno Pecan Cheese Roll

1 lb. Velveta, Softened

1 (8oz) Pkg. Cream Cheese, Softened

1 Small Jar Diced Pimintos, Drained

1 (4oz) Can Diced Jalapenos, Drained

2-4 Tbsp Green Onions, Diced

2-3 Tsp Garlic Powder

3-4 Tbsp Pecans, Diced

Worchestershire Sauce (sp?)

Pecans, Diced

Spray Some Wax Paper With Oil, Spread Velveta On Wax Paper, Spread Cream Cheese Over Velveta, Sprinkle On Pimintos, Jalapenos, Onions, Pecans, Garlic Powder, Sprinkle With Worchestershire Sauce. Pat Down Some Into Cheeses, Roll Up, Jelly Roll Fashon, Sprinkle With More Pecans.

Mini Reuben Turnovers

2 ounces corned beef (from deli), cut into pieces

1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese (1 ounce)

2 tablespoons well-drained sauerkraut, squeezed dry with paper towel

2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard

1 can (8 ounce) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

1 egg, beaten, if desired

Thousand Island dressing, if desired

1. Heat oven to 375°F. In food processor bowl with metal blade, place corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut and mustard; pulses 2 times for 3 seconds each or until finely chopped.

2. Remove half of dough in rolled section from can; refrigerate remaining half of dough in can. Unroll half of dough and separate into 2 rectangles; press each into 7 1/2x5-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Cut each

rectangle into 6 (2 1/2-inch) squares.

3. Place 1 teaspoon corned beef mixture on each square. Fold 1 corner to opposite corner, forming triangle and pressing edges to seal; place on ungreased cookie sheet. With fork, prick top of each to allow steam to escape. Brush tops with

egg. Repeat with remaining half of dough and corned beef mixture.

4. Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm with salad dressing, if desired.

Sweet Sausage Rolls

1 tube (8 oz) crescent rolls

24 miniature smoked sausage links (smokies)

1/2 cup melted butter or margarine

1/2 cup chopped pecans

3 tablespoons honey

3 tablespoons brown sugar

Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles; cut each lengthwise into three triangles. Place a sausage on the long end and roll up tightly; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients and pour into an 11x13-baking dish. Arrange sausage rolls seam side down in butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.

NOTE: I double the recipe because the sausage links come in a 48 count package.

Cajun Spiced Pecans:

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound pecan halves

1/4 cup melted butter

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

PREPARATION:

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. Turn to LOW and continue to cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 2 hours. Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and cool completely.

(Pack into glass jars and decorate with bows for holiday gifts)

Spicy Chicken Wings in Barbecue Sauce

INGREDIENTS:

3 pounds chicken wings (16 wings)

salt and pepper to taste

1 1/2 cups any variety barbecue sauce

1/4 cup honey

2 teaspoons prepared mustard or spicy mustard

2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Tabasco to taste, optional

PREPARATION:

Rinse chicken wings; pat dry. Cut off and discard wing tips then cut each wing at the joint to make two sections. Sprinkle wing pieces with salt and pepper; place wings on an lightly oiled broiler pan.

Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 10 minutes on each side, or until chicken wings are nicely browned. Transfer chicken wings to crockpot.

In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, honey, spicy mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco. Pour sauce over chicken wings. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or on High 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Serve directly from slow cooker, keeping temperature on LOW. Makes about 30 chicken wings.

Chili-Cheese Taco Dip

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. ground beef

1 can chili (no beans)

1 lb. mild Mexican Velveeta cheese, cubed or shredded

PREPARATION:

Brown hamburger; drain well and transfer to slow cooker. Add chili and cheese; cover and cook on low until cheese is melted, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally to blend ingredients. Serve warm with tortilla chips.

Crockpot Little Smokies

INGREDIENTS:

packages Cocktail wieners, little smokies

1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce

1 cup grape jelly

PREPARATION:

Combine cocktail wieners or little smokies in Crockpot with chili sauce and grape jelly; cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.

Crockpot Cheese Dip With Ground Beef

Crockpot Cheese Dip With Ground Beef and Sausage:

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound lean ground round or chuck

1 pound pork sausage

1 cup picante sauce or chunky salsa

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup

1 can (approx. 10 1/2 ounces) Rotel tomatoes or other tomatoes with green chile peppers

3/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano

2 pounds Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes

PREPARATION:

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and sausage together, breaking up while stirring, until no longer pink. Drain well; transfer to slow cooker. Combine salsa, garlic powder, soup, tomatoes, oregano and cheese with the ground beef and sausage in slow cooker.

Cook on low until cheese is melted and ingredients are well blended, about 2 hours. Serve with your favorite chips or crackers.

Refrigerate until serving time. Then serve with your favorite crackers. Enjoy!

CREAM CHEESE PUFFS

1 Onion, chopped fine (tennis ball size)

18 Mushrooms, (chopped fine)

½ tsp Garlic Powder

8 oz Cream cheese

½ cup Milk

Fry onions, mushrooms and garlic powder in a little butter.

When cooked, lower heat, add cream cheese and milk and melt all together.

Stir everything all together very well. Spoon mixture into unbaked mini unsweetened tart shells

(I use Superstore No-Name frozen 2"mini tart shells (unsweetened). These work very well).

Bake in a preheated oven at 350 -375 degree until crust is golden brown for 25-30 minutes

Mixture will puff up. Cool slightly and serve warm.

Grilled Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers

I made these the other night and they are ALOT better than just having plain hamburgers. This is my new hamburger/cheeseburger recipe..it is fantastic.

l-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring

1 tsp. garlic powder or use real garlic-I didn't have any, but, I had garlic in a jar, so I used that

1 tablespoon olive oil

Seasoned salt to taste

2 tablespoons Steak seasoning..I used Nebraska Prime Steak Seasoning & Rub--you can buy that at Albertson's and I have used it on steaks, etc..it is great stuff

Diced onions

1 tsp. ground cumin

I sprinkled Spice it Garlic Pepper over it

1 tsp. hot sauce-I used 2 teaspoons Frank's hot sauce-use more or less of it

I fried bacon while grilling this

The next time I make it...will get some sliced mushrooms to put in the mixture.

Saute onions in olive oil until they begin to soften, but, still firm.

Hand mix ingredients together and let it marinate in a big bowl in the refrigerator for 1-24 hours. Make into patties and grill on each side for 10 minutes each or until done. Add cheese on top for cheeseburgers and cook till cheese is melted. I topped the burgers with onions and bacon.