OWH article

Dan_F_30

Artice in the OWH. I do not think Turner Gill is the right coach at this stage of his career and I think I woudl throw up more if he was named the coach than I do when I watch the defense.... OU went through this before and Lee Barfknecht talks to Barry Switzer about it and why hiring a native son as a coach is not always the answer... We need to find a good young coach who has been proven in the head coaching profession and not someone has coached for 1.5 years at a bad school in a bad conference. Let him get more experience, he's young for coaching and may be good down the road, but please not next year!!!

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10163714

I don't mind if T. Gill is named coach if he is the best man for the job. Problem is, when you look at all the other schools potentially looking for coaches, he is not on their short list. This tells me we would just be hiring him because he is a homer. While SP just hired a guy because he coached in the Super Bowl once (with no real proven track record - one great season, one horrible season), I don't want to just hire a homer either. Think we'd end up with the same results.