Missouri Bball scandal

BigRedMachine

This material is too good to be true. Thanks for making a mockery of the Big 12 once again MU, you have just about 1-up'd Baylor. knock it off already cracksticks!! :angry: But thanks for the entertainment anyway!! ;)

The below is from 'Off the Couch' with Greg Hall: http://www.plattecountylandmark.com/ghall.htm

•"You can't accuse me of extortion if they don't have nobody that say I extorted. These people in Columbia are crazy."

Ricky Clemons, Columbia Tribune

GH: Here's a comment by Clemons that I can agree with - those people in Columbia do appear to be crazy. In what will go down as one of the most embarrassing, disappointing and revealing weeks in the 160-year-old history of the University of Missouri, Clemons' association with MU reached new heights…and depths. The "Cracker Tapes" dominate this week's OTC. Read on.

•"Clemons said the phone numbers of Amy Stewart and Carmento Floyd - the wife of University of Missouri President Elson Floyd - were placed on the jail's restricted list. That meant their collect-call bills were so high that no more calls could be made to them from jail until the bill was paid."

Joe Walljasper, sports editor, Columbia Tribune

GH: The Columbia Tribune deserves high praise for putting in the time to come up with these incredible quotes from Amy Stewart and Carmento Floyd, two wives of MU dignitaries who were once thought of as people of respect. The Tribune also printed the quotes without editing them for grammar or swear words - a policy I would like every newspaper in America to adopt. Because of the Tribune's lead, even some radio stations like WHB began quoting the tapes verbatim, a dramatic change in their conservative language policy.

•"Do you have pictures of (MU assistant coach Lane Odom) f*ckin' a dog or something? That motherf*cker is scared to death."

Amy Stewart, Columbia Tribune

GH: Amy Stewart is the wife of Ed Stewart, MU's associate athletic director. She is the most memorable voice on these tapes due to her obvious poor grammar, her dislike for Mike Alden, MU's athletic director and her husband's boss, and her distaste for "crackers."

•"Ed (Stewart) come home, every time he come home, he be like, 'Them crackers shaking. They going crazy. They don't know what to do. They shaking. They can't talk to Ricky. They're like some crackheads running around there.'"

Amy Stewart, Columbia Tribune

GH: "Them crackers" Amy is referring to appear to be Mike Alden and Quin Snyder. But maybe she was referring to a box of Saltines that wanted to talk with Ricky? I find it interesting that Doctor Elson Floyd, Carmento's husband and the president of MU, is expecting to talk many of wealthy MU alum "crackers" to donate cash to help him pay for raises he promised throughout the state's educational system. Just a guess, but there probably be some shakin' going on inside the Stewart and Floyd households this Christmas.

•"Yeah, well, (Jessica Bunge) is gonna say that she was with you or something and they gave you a paper, your tutor gave you a paper, then you turned it in," Elson Floyd says. "It never ends, brother." "You're right about that," Clemons replies. "It never ends, man," Elson Floyd says. "It never ends. Well, you hang in there, OK?"

Columbia Tribune

•"I did nothing wrong or that was inappropriate."

Elson Floyd, Columbia Tribune

GH: Imagine you are Jessica Bunge's parent and you hear Floyd and his wife coddling your daughter's assailant. I find a lot of what Floyd did to be wrong and inappropriate.

•"The jail conversations also include Amy Stewart, the associate athletic director's wife, relaying a story about Elson Floyd in which she claimed he indicated his desire to leave Columbia. 'Dr. Floyd, we walked in the house the other night, and the first thing he said to Ed was, 'Bro, we getting up out of here and you're going with me,' Amy Stewart said. 'We'll get Amy a couple years of law school. She can transfer. We all going.' 'Carmento said, 'Ricky, too.' He said, 'sh#t, we loading up and getting the hell out of here.'"

Columbia Tribune

GH: Bro, if it were up to me, you and your entire rap group would be out the door and down the road tomorrow. Is Missouri basketball trying to top Baylor in embarrassing the Big 12? Clean house now, and start with the couple in the big house.

•"You better. And I ain't talkin' about no Delta Delta Delta, either," Carmento Floyd replies, referring to an MU sorority with a nearly all-white membership. Bunge is white. "Naw, I'm talking about the people," Clemons says. "I'm talking about Delta Sigma Theta," Carmento Floyd replies. Delta Sigma Theta is a historically black sorority. … "In one memorable exchange, Carmento Floyd discussed the Kobe Bryant sexual-assault case with Clemons and Amy Stewart. She gave Clemons some advice on avoiding such trouble by not being involved with white women. 'No pink toes,' she said."

•"Mary Ratliff, president of the local and state chapters of the NAACP, said Carmento Floyd's comments about Clemons' dating habits weren't racist. 'It's not so much that Mrs. Floyd was being racist, she was merely stating a fact that that may be a problem for (Clemons) in Columbia.' Ratliff went on to say that the conversations should not have taken place, but she placed the blame on people who encouraged the Floyds to become involved with Clemons."

Josh Flory, staff writer, Columbia Tribune

GH: That's right, blame it on dem damn crackers who asked the Floyds to mentor poor Ricky. I mean, what's racist about telling someone not to date people of a certain skin color? If this were reversed and the Floyds were the Mike Aldens, Alden and his family would already be out of Missouri and basically banned from ever working in education again. Being a cracker isn't always what it's cracked up to being.

•"She would help anybody out. She's just a nice lady."

Ricky Clemons, on Carmento Floyd, Fox Radio

GH: But make sure your toes aren't pink or Carmento might step on them.

•"(Clemons) said his brother compared his situation to "Martin Luther King walking through Alabama." Carmento Floyd responded: "That's a good analogy."

GH: Here is the wife of the MU president comparing the fate of Clemons, who was convicted of physically restraining and beating an MU coed, to that of one of America's greatest civil rights leaders. When asked about his wife's comments on the tapes, Elson Floyd said that she merely talked to Ricky as a mentor and tried to get him to finish school. You tell me that MU doesn't need to take a closer look at who they have running their university.

•"There's a lot of good people in this town. Unfortunately, there's a lot of biased people," Clemons told the Tribune yesterday. "For people to deny it is absurd."

Ricky Clemons, Columbia Tribune

GH: After hearing and reading Carmento's and Amy's comments, I have no doubt that the level of biased people is quite high inside Ricky's inner circle.

•"Is there a problem at the University of Missouri relative to race? No, there is not."

Elson Floyd, Columbia Tribune

GH: Is there a problem with Doctor Floyd talking honestly about the problems inside his university? Absolutely. It's my belief that very little gets corrected until it is first acknowledged.

•"Screw this. I'm so tired of this crap. This is just like a girlfriend that has cheated on you. It will never be the same."

Mizzou MU, poster on tigerboard.com

•"We don't know how it's going to come to an end until it ends."

Clark Kellogg, college basketball analyst, on the turmoil at MU, CBS

GH: How's that for expert analysis?

•"I think we've got the foundation for a great program for years to come."

Quin Snyder, CBS

GH: Snyder made these comment last weekend. What kind of foundation is Snyder building his program on, Jello?

•"Missouri may be cheatin' over there (in Columbia) but at least they're trying to do things the right way."

Jason Whitlock, back in April, 810 AM

GH: This from the man who gave you his version of the truth being a truth that might not be factual but what he believes to be true. At least Pork Chop is trying.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing about MU basketball is they are very closely related to Texas football in the way that they are suppose to be good ever year and then go nowhere. MU should have a top ten basketball program every year. They have two large cities in their state. You grab the two best players from St. Louis and one from KC and get the other from anywhere and thats a top ten recruiting class every year.

redout