Props from Texas fan who attended game

It's disappointing to hear that our fans were leaving early, especially during this game in which I felt we were never out of it. I traveled to Nebraska to see them play Oklahoma State this year and I still stayed to the end.

I have lost all respect for Husker fans. They will drive whatever happens to this team over the next few years.

I agree that they way we've broken down in the face of all this *soul crushing adversity* is unfortunate. Unfortunate, but totally understandable and to be expected frankly.

The thought that the fans will be responsible for what has happened or will happen to the team in the future is laughable.

I have lost alot of respect for some husker fans but, their are still more fans staying at the game than leaving this season i have seen excitement about the program turn to anger week by week i am angry myself but, i will stand beside the huskers and whatever coaching staff is in place no matter what happens.

and also a thank you to the texas fan that started this post. it is good to see an opponent like texas that wins with class.

I have lost alot of respect for some husker fans but, their are still more fans staying at the game than leaving this season i have seen excitement about the program turn to anger week by week i am angry myself but, i will stand beside the huskers and whatever coaching staff is in place no matter what happens.

and also a thank you to the texas fan that started this post. it is good to see an opponent like texas that wins with class.

I attended the game yesterday. I went to my first TX game 4 years ago just after I moved to Austin and saw the Huskers. Texas fans were nice to me that day much like Nebraska fans are to visitors in Lincoln. Yesterday was no exception. I was wearing RED in a sea of burnt orange. Folks were good sports except for one jackass who did shut up when we scored late. Otherwise the fans in my area were nice. Texas fans respect the Nebraska program and its tradition. I was proud to wear my RED and support my team when they needed it most. While the season has been a huge disappointment, I have stayed true to my allegiance of Husker football. I ask the fans in Lincoln to support the players. They are putting it on the line every week. I don't think that most folks take into consideration the time that they put in on their own to watch film and work on other aspects of the game. If the coaches are not preparing the team as they should, then voice your disapproval in their direction. It makes me mad when I hear of folks saying stuff to the players like they suck or they don't deserve to wear an N on their helmets. I want to know how many of those fans ever played football much less division one football. Look at the improvement in the graduation rate that the football team has posted in the past few years. Enough about the small number of fans that are not true blue.

I was proud of our team in the face of defeat. They played hard, showed some emotion that has been lacking and demonstrated that they have not quit on the season unlike most fans. Thanks for a great game yesterday. Huskers, you should feel proud that you are resilient. GO BIG RED!!