Over-rated RECRUITING?

rkhufu7

Has much to do with the poor defensive play. You can blame Cosgrove, but he has been one of the best DCs in college for a long time, and now he doesn't have tyeh horses in front 7 to be physical and get to the ball vs run or pass. the same went for Torbush at aTm, where lack of talent cost him his job. I know you hate to hear it, but the recruting gurus were wrong on some of those 3-5 star players and top 10-15 recruiting classes. Recruit to the system, not from LISTS! Evaluate these kids abilites first hand1

Has much to do with the poor defensive play. You can blame Cosgrove, but he has been one of the best DCs in college for a long time, and now he doesn't have tyeh horses in front 7 to be physical and get to the ball vs run or pass. the same went for Torbush at aTm, where lack of talent cost him his job. I know you hate to hear it, but the recruting gurus were wrong on some of those 3-5 star players and top 10-15 recruiting classes. Recruit to the system, not from LISTS! Evaluate these kids abilites first hand1

he has been one of the best DCs in college for a long time???????????????????? WTH? When? he has never been very good. I would have to see some stats from anywhere he has been and one team that wanted to keep him. That is just crap.

I know you hate to hear it, but the recruting gurus were wrong on some of those 3-5 star players and top 10-15 recruiting classes.

You were way off on Coz, but this is a decent point. I'm not sure the problem is with not getting to know players first hand and not recruiting to system. I'm pretty sure BC has recruited based on the WCO.

I think the important thing to take away is that rating high school recruits is extremely tough. Most of the opponents these top high school players face are physically inferior and so they easily dominate. But at the college level, there's no telling how a kid is gonna respond to playing against opponents just as big and fast as them, if not bigger and faster. Plus there's all of the social and academic changes recruits have to go through. You just can't predict how 18yo's are gonna respond to that.

Have to say that was a pretty sad attempt at trolling. Have to start with something a little more believable like the world is flat....just saying

You can blame Cosgrove, but he has been one of the best DCs in college for a long time

:rollin:rollin:lol::laughpound:laughpound:lol:

Oh man....that's one of the best jokes I've heard in a long time. Thanks for the laugh :rollin

He was great at Wisconsin, and so was Torbush for Mack Brown at UNC and Fran at Alabama. You have to have the horses to play great defense. You can do things with schemes and matchups on offense, but defense is line'em up right and SICKEM!

You can blame Cosgrove, but he has been one of the best DCs in college for a long time

:rollin:rollin:lol::laughpound:laughpound:lol:

Oh man....that's one of the best jokes I've heard in a long time. Thanks for the laugh :rollin

He was great at Wisconsin, and so was Torbush for Mack Brown at UNC and Fran at Alabama. You have to have the horses to play great defense. You can do things with schemes and matchups on offense, but defense is line'em up right and SICKEM!

Oops my bad, his defense's were average at best and the beneficiary of their ball controll offense. What makes him look even worse are the number of players he has sent to the NFL! Why was this old guy hired in the first place, other than being a FRIEND of Callahans? You got played!

Looks like you missed the shift key for once...

Coz had 4 down linemen leave for the Pros, off one team, and we were ranked 26th? That is pitiful. What would it take for Coz to have a top TEN ranked Defense, Hire a pro team?

He either is a horrible coach (yes) OR, he can't develop talent (yes).

When we hired him, I noticed he had the 55th (or so) ranked D at Wisconsin. He took ours to that level and except for last year (26th with 4 NFL Players), he has been at or below 55th. That isn't how the Blackshirts operate. I wonder if the former Blackshirts and coaches are insulted when he wears his Black Shirt on the sidelines during games. (I would be)

Coz had 4 down linemen leave for the Pros, off one team, and we were ranked 26th? That is pitiful. What would it take for Coz to have a top TEN ranked Defense, Hire a pro team?

He either is a horrible coach (yes) OR, he can't develop talent (yes).

When we hired him, I noticed he had the 55th (or so) ranked D at Wisconsin. He took ours to that level and except for last year (26th with 4 NFL Players), he has been at or below 55th. That isn't how the Blackshirts operate. I wonder if the former Blackshirts and coaches are insulted when he wears his Black Shirt on the sidelines during games. (I would be)

55th got Craig Bohl the Golden Hanshake.