It has nothing to do with the win over Notre Dame. The man is coaching guys who are in the Navy, not guys who are recruited by Division 1-A schools. If his players had a future in football they would be at another school. And he still finds a way to win. Talk about coaching up your players...

Look at his history at Georgia Southern and Hawai'i. Johnson is much more of a known entity than either Pelini or Gill. Not that either of those guys wouldn't be great, but they are a bigger gamble IMO.

His name seems to pop up after breaking the 43 game losing streak to ND. This was no upset! Notre Dame is one of the few schools that I am certain our beloved Big Red could steal easily handle!

Let's not rush into putting this coach way up on the list!

SUPERBUNNY

Check the other threads. We've been talking about Johnson since it became clear that Cally must go.

I am a believer that the option is still an option (no pun intended there ;) ) in college football. And it was beautiful to watch when teams like Nebraska ran it. Fans, I've been singing Paul Johnson's praises since before he ever went to Navy. The man can flat out coach and motivate. And he is ready for the big time. Like someone said before, he's putting up big offensive numbers on division one teams with guys who wouldn't get a second look at the likes of Nebraska, Florida, USC, or whatever. Imagine what he could do with the attraction of reviving Nebraska in his back pocket.

I sure as hell hope you guys get him. I'd hate to see FSU get him after Bowden retires. I would not want the Gators to face him every year.