Turner Gill's response to an email

Fox Sports blog

Mr. Gill,

I wouldn't normally take the time to write like this, but I had back surgery and I have far more free time than I can stand!

I think the whole world must know by now that Nebraska is suffering a rough patch. As you can imagine, Nebraskan's are foaming at the bit to find out what will happen next. (and for other reasons...)

I know I can't ask you a slew of leading questions on the matter as your probably not at liberty to respond to them, and I respect that.

What do you think of the situation facing Nebraska? Is this a poetic

I guess the big question everyone is asking, with Dr. Tom back, would you consider returning to Nebraska as the Head coach if the offer was right?

Good luck to the Bulls when they face Bowling Green. You and your team would be amazed at the far larger audience that is pulling for you guys.

Thanks a million,

My real name etc etc

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the kind words. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Whatever happens with the Huskers or whatever happens with my future is in God's hands.

Have a blessed day,

Turner Gill

I emailed Turner also. I received a response back which really excited me. But now that I read this, I am very disappointed. His response to your email is EXACTLY the same response I received. Word for word. Looks like he is probably getting a ton of emails from Husker fans and has put set his email on out of office assistant.

Um...yeah. I imagine he's got enough going on that he probably doesn't have time to answer thousands of emails from psychotic Nebraska fans like us. Let the man do his job, and if it is to be then he'll be here.

Fox Sports blog

Mr. Gill,

I wouldn't normally take the time to write like this, but I had back surgery and I have far more free time than I can stand!

I think the whole world must know by now that Nebraska is suffering a rough patch. As you can imagine, Nebraskan's are foaming at the bit to find out what will happen next. (and for other reasons...)

I know I can't ask you a slew of leading questions on the matter as your probably not at liberty to respond to them, and I respect that.

What do you think of the situation facing Nebraska? Is this a poetic

I guess the big question everyone is asking, with Dr. Tom back, would you consider returning to Nebraska as the Head coach if the offer was right?

Good luck to the Bulls when they face Bowling Green. You and your team would be amazed at the far larger audience that is pulling for you guys.

Thanks a million,

My real name etc etc

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the kind words. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Whatever happens with the Huskers or whatever happens with my future is in God's hands.

Have a blessed day,

Turner Gill

I emailed Turner also. I received a response back which really excited me. But now that I read this, I am very disappointed. His response to your email is EXACTLY the same response I received. Word for word. Looks like he is probably getting a ton of emails from Husker fans and has put set his email on out of office assistant.

I think it's kind of amazing that he replied at all, even if it's a form response.

What's he supposed to say right now? "Hey, thanks. I really want that job. Coach Osborne and I are tight and we've talked, so I hope that when Callahan gets bagged, I'm the one who gets the call."

"Thanks. I love Nebraska, but God sent me to Buffalo for a reason. Best wishes."

As someone who sometimes is the recipient of numerous e-mails of feedback (usually not fan mail), I think that he took the time to set up a response is smart public relations and a sign that he genuinely cares.