Interesting article

This is taken from Big Red Report's Myspace blog.

Flight of Fancy?

Current mood: good

Category: Sports

You had to figure it would be getting crazy after Athletic Director Tom Osborne officially announced the firing of Head Coach Bill Callahan. But yesterday we saw just how crazy things can be.

I have to admit that before today, I might have heard of flightaware.com, but probably paid it little mind to the point it didn't even register when someone had posted on one of our message boards a flight plan of a plane which was taking a curious route.

Actually, the curiousness starts with the jet itself, a twin-engine Cessna owned by Norfolk Iron & Metal, a prominent booster of the Husker Athletic Program.

Then there's the route:

The jet started at its home base of Karl Stefan Airport , located in Norfolk , NE , and it departed for Lincoln at 12:11 P.M. CST, arriving at 12:27 P.M. CST.

And after reportedly picking up Athletic Director Tom Osborne and University of Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman , the 2005 Cessna 525B left Lincoln at 1:14 P.M and arrived at Baton Rouge Metro Airport at 3:10 P.M.

This is where the A.D. and Chancellor reportedly picked up LSU Defensive Coordinator Bo Pelini, after which they once again hit the airstrip in the eight-seat private plane, departing at 5:35 P.M., touching down at Fulton County Airport in Atlanta , Georgia .

This just happens to be the home base of Baker-Parker and Associates, the private search firm the Lincoln Journal Star originally identified as the firm the University of Nebraska has been using to aid in the search for a new coach.

This is all gloriously interesting, isn't it?

It's not just interesting that we, that being you and I, are sitting here actually watching a real-time map of a plane made out of pixels, cross this generated landscape, actually gripped by the drama of the displayed seconds counting down to landing.

It's just as interesting that there is a site which gives us that kind of information. I tell you, there's nothing I love more than this wonderfully obvious tactic which has to be akin to what a stalker might do, and not only is it legal, but because we live in a vacuum we call Husker Nation, this is considered absolutely normal operating procedure.

I know this has Bo written all over it, and it would seem that we are all just waiting for the official announcement and after a period of time where the official process has run its course, for Pelini to be penciled back in, this time as the permanent Head Coach, as opposed to the interim status he had following the 2003 regular season.

And for the record, I'd agree.

Entire article: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=332085226

This is taken from Big Red Report's Myspace blog.

Flight of Fancy?

Current mood: good

Category: Sports

You had to figure it would be getting crazy after Athletic Director Tom Osborne officially announced the firing of Head Coach Bill Callahan. But yesterday we saw just how crazy things can be.

I have to admit that before today, I might have heard of flightaware.com, but probably paid it little mind to the point it didn't even register when someone had posted on one of our message boards a flight plan of a plane which was taking a curious route.

Actually, the curiousness starts with the jet itself, a twin-engine Cessna owned by Norfolk Iron & Metal, a prominent booster of the Husker Athletic Program.

Then there's the route:

The jet started at its home base of Karl Stefan Airport , located in Norfolk , NE , and it departed for Lincoln at 12:11 P.M. CST, arriving at 12:27 P.M. CST.

And after reportedly picking up Athletic Director Tom Osborne and University of Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman , the 2005 Cessna 525B left Lincoln at 1:14 P.M and arrived at Baton Rouge Metro Airport at 3:10 P.M.

This is where the A.D. and Chancellor reportedly picked up LSU Defensive Coordinator Bo Pelini, after which they once again hit the airstrip in the eight-seat private plane, departing at 5:35 P.M., touching down at Fulton County Airport in Atlanta , Georgia .

This just happens to be the home base of Baker-Parker and Associates, the private search firm the Lincoln Journal Star originally identified as the firm the University of Nebraska has been using to aid in the search for a new coach.

This is all gloriously interesting, isn't it?

It's not just interesting that we, that being you and I, are sitting here actually watching a real-time map of a plane made out of pixels, cross this generated landscape, actually gripped by the drama of the displayed seconds counting down to landing.

It's just as interesting that there is a site which gives us that kind of information. I tell you, there's nothing I love more than this wonderfully obvious tactic which has to be akin to what a stalker might do, and not only is it legal, but because we live in a vacuum we call Husker Nation, this is considered absolutely normal operating procedure.

I know this has Bo written all over it, and it would seem that we are all just waiting for the official announcement and after a period of time where the official process has run its course, for Pelini to be penciled back in, this time as the permanent Head Coach, as opposed to the interim status he had following the 2003 regular season.

And for the record, I'd agree.

Entire article: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=332085226

It only takes 16 minutes to fly from Norfolk to Lincoln?

Wow!!!