More Go Big Red Recipes For January 4th

Roxy

I got to thinking that I should post recipes that you can prepare before a football game and just stick in the oven or have it in a crockpot when you eat at half-time or whenever. I will try and do that more often. I have made these dinners and we really like them.

Adjust ingredients to how many people you are having over for a party or for your family, etc.

Barbecued Meatballs:

1-1/2 lbs. ground beef

1 cup milk

3 T. onion-I use more chopped onion

3/4 quick oatmeal-I use Quaker Oats

Salt & Pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Form into walnut-sized balls. A small ice cream scoop-sprayed with Pam-works well. Place in a 9x13' baking dish. I spray the pan with Pam. Cover with following sauce:

1 cup ketchup

1 T. Worcestershire Sauce

2 T. brown sugar

1/2 cup water

Mix the above sauce ingredients well and pour over the meatballs. Bake at 350 for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Double the sauce ingredients if you make more meatballs. I go by looks alot when preparing some recipes.

Barbecued Pork Sandwiches:

If you want these for a Saturday Football Game..I would make the pork roast the day before and shred it..put it in food saver bags to keep it moist.

Put a pork roast in the crockpot with some minced onion and garlic and a little water. Let it cook on low for several hours till it is done.. Pour off the broth..shred the meat..put in a container or a food saver bag.

Put in the crockpot the cooked shredded pork. Cook on the stove on medium heat...

1 cup ketcup

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup water

Salt & Pepper To Taste

2 T. vinegar

Minced onion-use how much you like-we like alot of onion

1 T. mustard

1 T. Worcestershire Sauce

Bring the above ingredients to a low boil. Pour the sauce over the shredded pork in the crockpot. Cook on low for several hours..the longer the better:) Serve on hamburger buns.

Crockpot Chili

1 package hamburger

1 package hot sausage-Farmer John

2 onions, diced

2 tablespoons chili powder

1 tablespoon pepper

3 cloves garlic, minced

2-14 1/2 oz. cans Del Monte diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies

1-30 oz. can Hunts chili beans, drained and rinsed

Sliced fresh mushrooms-use how much you want

Cut up celery-use how much you want in it

Chopped green peppers-use how much you want in it

Farmer John smoked sausage hot links sliced-I use alot of sausages

1-28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes

Cook hamburger and sausage in a large skillet, drain grease. Add all of the above and the sausage hamburger mixture to the crockpot and stir well. I covered the top with more chili powder, stirred again and covered the top again with chili powder..we like hot and spicy foods. I have made this with and without the hot links. They are good both ways..but..we liked it more with the hot links. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Add jalapeno or cheddar cheese on top of chili when you put the chili in your bowl. Add crushed saltine crackers.

Butterscotch Dessert

Melt 1 stick of butter. Add 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13" pan and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Cool crust. Whip together:

1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup Cool Whip

Smear this carefully over crust; cool in refrigerator. HINT: Drop the cream cheese mixture all over the crust in teaspoons, then spread it gently or else the crust will end up being a crumbly mess. Cook 2 small packages of butterscotch or chocolate pudding..your choice..with 3 cups milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the cream cheese layer. Cool and top with Cool Whip.

Ham Casserole:

2-1/2 cups cooked picnic ham

2 cans undiluted mushroom soup

1 cup milk

1 cup chicken broth

2 cups cooked macaroni

1 can mushrooms, drained

1 small diced onion

Mix together the above ingredients in a bowl. Put this mixture in a 9x13' pan and refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature one hour before baking. Cover with breaded crumbs and paprika. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Smothered Hamburger Steaks:

1-1/2 lbs. hamburger

3/4 cup diced onion

1/2 cup diced green peppers

3/4 cup bread crumbs

1 beaten egg

Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix all the above ingredients together; form into hamburger steaks. Put into a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Pour 2 cans cream of mushroom soup on top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, can add cheese last 5 minutes..optional.