David Horne sighting?

Redout

1. He may be fast, but he can't make a decision on the fly to save his life.

2. He can't hit holes in the blocking HARD, like Ross does :)

3. He can't hit holes FAST. He waits to long to cut up field.

4. Seems to love to run into a pack of blockers and defenders, then just fall down.

His vision of the field seems to be lacking.

I would agree that he had promise, I just don't know what happened to him. All of

a sudden he just stopped running with heart. Ross has shown that he can and does

run hard and quick. I hope he gets better in the off season and keeps running like

he is now.

Would you say Horne probably has the most talent out of any of the backs this year?? Because it has been sighted in the past, and I believe he commented personally, about his lack of effort at times. He was even benched at an all -star game coming out of high school because he practiced like crap. Even with that should Nebraska really give up on him that quickly. He is only a sophmore.

One of the downsides to Ross is he is so short. Who much more muscle can he put on before it becomes ineffective? He is quite thick as it is. Nebraska still needs to recruit a dynamite back. Nice 6'0" range 210 or so. Someone who can fly.

Ross tripped over his own feet twice against MSU and against KSU on the screen pass.

eric "the red"

Give Ross some time. He shows a lot of promise and a lot of effort, which Horne seems

to lack. I am looking forward to an improved Ross next year.

As far as Horne's talent, it is useless without effort. I would agree that he has shown

bright spots in the past, then just fell off like I said in my previous post. He seemed

to stop running with any heart.

I don't think it's a matter of NU has given up on him, just that Ross has shown that

he is the man for now. He get's the job done the best out of the backs.

They won't let him beef up anymore. They had him LOSE weight this year because he

was kinda chubby when he came in. He has been on a pork chop diet, thus the name

"pork chop". I trust that the trainers and the coaches will mold him as they see fit.

Barry Sanders was short and that didn't stop him. Smaller stockier guys are harder

to tackle. He doesn't have the break away speed, but he should have no problem

cracking off 10+ yard runs regularly.

You never know though. A. Green had a pretty tough soph year, went into the went room and came back for a great junior year. Horne could be the starter.

Ross does have some similarities to Sanders. He should have had a few plays when he lost yardage, but fought for some. Again, though how much better can he get. "chubby??" if your a running back at NU and your chubby we've got mor problems than I thought.

redout

You never know though.  A. Green had a pretty tough soph year, went into the went room and came back for a great junior year.  Horne could be the starter. 

Ross does have some similarities to Sanders.  He should have had a few plays when he lost yardage, but fought for some.  Again, though how much better can he get.  "chubby??" if your a running back at NU and your chubby we've got mor problems than I thought. 

redout

Who knows how much better Ross can get? Only he can determine that. Hard work

will go a long way! Hopefully he will have a good off season in the weight room

and will come out a bit slimmer and ready to bust some heads! :)

I agree with you that Ross seems to want it more than Horne.

30 Green, Tierre IB 6-0 180 Fr. Omaha, Neb. (Benson)

21 Miller, Robin IB 5-11 230 Sr. Kent, Wash. (Kent-Meridian)

22 Ross, Cory IB 5-6 200 So. Denver , Colo. (Thomas Jefferson)

1 Davis, Josh IB 5-11 200 Sr. Loveland, Colo. (Loveland) <-- GONE.

36 Hansen, Ben IB 6-0 200 Fr. Cedar Bluffs, Neb. (Cedar Bluffs)

9 Horne, David IB 6-0 200 So. Omaha, Neb. (Central)

Young crowd....