Put 'em back on the schedule!

IrishAZ

Upon pondering/researching the NU ND game in 2000 for another post, in addition to other posts which required some amount of comparison, I stumbled upon this nice article in Husker Press - believe it or not, NU and ND have a *very* long history and rivalry.

For those interested, here's the link

Although my loyalties would be clearly for the Irish, it's a matchup I would dearly love to see again in the future.

Especially since the last time ND absolutely stunk up the joint when they last faced the Huskers in Lincoln in 2001. Hats off to Solich and co. for not running up the score, and I still recall the shot of the scoreboard with a big "Good luck next week Notre Dame - Beat Purdue!". That was too cool.

Anyway...enjoy the read. Here's to classy football coming back to dominance. :thumbs:

IRISH!

Nice read! It's always nice when 2 teams of NU and ND's caliber can match up against each other without it being in a bowl game. The Irish fans were very hospitable in South Bend (unlike the Penn State fans). I can't wait to see NU-USC in a few years; hopefully we'll represent the Big XII a bit better than OU.