Dessert Anyone?

Roxy

Butterscotch Dessert:

Melt 1 stick of butter. Add 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13" pan and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Cool crust. Whip together:

1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup Cool Whip

Smear this carefully over crust; cool in refrigerator. HINT: Drop the cream cheese mixture all over the crust in teaspoons, then spread it gently or else the crust will end up being a crumbly mess. Cook 2 small packages of butterscotch or chocolate pudding..your choice..with 3 cups milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the cream cheese layer. Cool and top with Cool Whip.

Cherry Crisp Pie:

1/4 cup butter

3/4 cup quick-cooking oats or old-fashioned oats-I use Old Fashioned Quaker Oats

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup chopped pecans-I didn't measure-used a small bag

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1-21 oz. can cherry pie filling

1-9 inch prepared graham cracker crust

Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in oats, flour, brown sguar, pecans, and cinnamon. Spoon pie filing into crust. Sprinkle oat mixture over top. Place pie on a baking sheet.

Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. I baked it for 40 minutes. Bake it till the topping is golden brown. Cool pie on a wire rack. I baked it on a cookie sheet and just let it cool on it. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. We like to put dream whip on top of it that you squirt from a can.

Easy Apple Pie:

Preheat oven to 350.

1 single pie crust-I just buy it at the store

Sprinkle bottom of pie crust with brown sugar

Peel and slice 6 or 7 apples

Put slices of apples in a big bowl and add 3/4 cup sugar, sprinkle cinnamon over apples...I don't measure- just sprinkle enough for your preference. Mix 1/4 cup flour and 2 tablespoons melted butter.Spread this mixture over the apples.

Crumb Topping:

1 cup flour

1 cup Quaker Oats Oatmeal

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup margarine

Combine all the crumb topping ingredients together. Don't melt the butter..just slice the butter in pieces and mix it with the rest of the ingredients. Spread this mixture over the pie.

Make sure that you put a cookie sheet under the pie pan. Bake the pie in the preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Test to see if the apples are done by poking a sliced apple with a fork to see if it is tender. If they apples aren't done...bake 15 minutes longer. If the crust of the pie is getting too brown, put aluminum foil over the edge of the pie crust.